Does anyone have experience using the generic Nitenpyram (Quick caps from puppy butts pet supply?

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anybody had any experience buying/using the QUICK CAPS nitenpyram capsules from puppy butts pet supply
Im looking for nitenpyram capsules for my cat however as a student, capstar is just way out of my budget.
I am also wondering if getting the "Monthly PLUS Capsules 2-in-1 205mg Lufenuron +12mg Nitenpyram for Cats 2-20 lbs" would be a good idea, ill attach a link to both products on the puppy butts pet supply website here: Monthly PLUS Capsules 2-in-1 205mg Lufenuron +12mg Nitenpyram for Cats 2-20 lbs – Puppy Butts Pet Supply

12 CAPSULES QUICK CAPS Nitenpyram 12 mg Cats and Dogs 2-25 lbs – Puppy Butts Pet Supply

I just thought I'd come here and see if anyone has used it before I buy it. Thanks everyone 🙂

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I can't speak to the effectiveness of the capsules you are thinking about buying. But, I can tell you that nitenpyram is the active ingredient in Capstar, and lufenuron is the active ingredient in Program. The latter is an IGR (insect growth regulator) that works to kill flea larvae and eggs, unlike Capstar that only works on adult fleas.

Capstar contains 11.4mg of nitenpyram, so it is in the ballpark of your generic version. It also is for cats ranging from 2 to 25 lbs. Program is for cats weighing 7-15 lbs and is 204.9mg, so that is essentially the same as what you are looking at as well.

All of these products have inactive ingredients in them, and those are not generally listed on the product label. That is where issues might arise, but since you can't compare them you would have no way of knowing if they could pose some sort of issues any more than the non-generic brands. I do know that Capstar and Program can be used concurrently.

I am sorry if you already did all this research, and I am telling you what you already know. But, I did a search on this site and really didn't come up with anything specific about using generic brands of these flea treatments where the members were still active and could offer their input.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, I actually didn't know about Program so thank you for telling me about it. 🙂
I will continue to some research. Thank you again!