Does Anyone Have Experience/opinions On Little Big Paws?

kaleidoscopesky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey!
I've been occasionally feeding my kittens Little Big Paws' wet food. The meat composition looks pretty good-- however I'm not too versed in reading the rest of the nutrition label. Below is an analysis of its duck mousse.

Ingredients:
Freshly prepared: 70% duck (min 26%), and chicken, minerals, salmon oil, sunflower oil.

Analysis:
Protein 10%
Fats 10%
Fibre 0.5%
Crude Ash 3.2%
Moisture 75%

Nutritional Additives/kg: Vitamin A 5300iu, Vitamin D3 530iu, Vitamin E 7.95mg, Taurine 500mg, Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate 151mg, Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate 35mg, Manganese Sulphate 16.5mg, Sodium Selenite 1.18mg, Calcium Iodate 0.84mg.

Any thoughts on this? I haven't been able to find much customer feedback regarding this online, and a plus point is that this food is pretty affordable too!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not familiar with it, as I don't think it's sold here in the U.S., however, it sounds pretty good. It's pretty high in fat, but that's not always a bad thing, particular for kittens.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It looks good because it has meat as the first ingredient and is free of grains, potatos, and carrageenan. It doesn't look like they've added thiamine, though, so you might need to supplement this, you can ask your vet about this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaleidoscopesky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does duck and meat itself already contain thiamine?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a UK food. One of the biggest differences between US and UK food labelling is that US foods list all the nutritional additives individually, and UK foods just list them as 'minerals' or 'vitamins and minerals' ;) It looks like a good food to me. If your kittens like It, go for it :D

This is the brand's website, if anyone's interested - Home | Little BigPaw