Does anyone else’s cat sleep like this?

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have a picture, but mine like to sleep with their heads down and one paw over their eyes. I think its because in this world there is no place that is totally dark. I have so many LED lights on power supplies that I cover as many as I can. Nothing turns off completely today, there is always something on to say "I am ready to go when you are." I often think to myself, good for you for covering your eyes!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The faceplant! Rocket does it all the time!

It's hard to catch photos because if she hears you she shifts.
20220906_163704.jpg

We also have the blanket faceplant.
20231129_043414.jpg

And the twisted cheekplant (arm extension opitional).
20230821_014732.jpg

And, can't forget, the superman lap assisted faceplant. Also known as I'm too tired to full get on your lap so I'll drape over it.

20230625_203924.jpg

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willy faceplanted on me at least one time in his last few weeks of his life (he had cancer). He might have done it before, as he did sleep on top of me in the past, but I wasn't as aware before.

About two weeks ago, he was sleeping on top of me while I was sleeping on the living room couch. I was on my back, and he was lying on top of me, spanning the region from my stomach to my upper-legs (parallel to me, so his rear end was resting on my upper legs area, and his head was on my stomach area, facing my head).

He had fully faceplanted on me, so his nose and face were pressed hard against my stomach. I was concerned about his breathing at first, but he was snoring (as he only did when very comfortable) and I could hear and feel the full strength of his inhalation/exhalation.

I'm not in great shape at the moment, but I'm not flabby, so maybe the fact that he could breathe just fine means I'm not doing as bad as I think.