Does Anyone Else Feed No Dry Food?

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would feed 100% dry if I didn't have to put something in the automatic feeder for a night feeding. Other than that she gets wet mixed with water for her three while-I'm-awake meals. I should maybe try to transition her to two larger all wet meals, but she just doesn't eat a lot at one sitting and I hate the idea of the wet food sitting out.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would feed 100% dry if I didn't have to put something in the automatic feeder for a night feeding. Other than that she gets wet mixed with water for her three while-I'm-awake meals. I should maybe try to transition her to two larger all wet meals, but she just doesn't eat a lot at one sitting and I hate the idea of the wet food sitting out.
I use the catmate c20. It has a compartment underneath for an icepack, but I also freeze ice cube sized portions of wet food and then plop them into the timed feeder slots. I have set the timer for up to 6 hours with frozen wet food with no issues.

MissMolly08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat rarely gets dry food.

We feed 2 wet food meals a day. The only time she gets dry is if we can't give a scheduled wet meal for some reason like if we aren't going to be home, we leave dry out before we go. That's maybe once a month.

We also don't do treats. I just never found one she cared for. She tolerates greenies and the sheba meaty sticks but doesn't go crazy for them. She hated blue buffalo kittles. She didn't even recognize pure bites as food!

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys!

He has turned his nose up at dry since I got him, so it is good to hear nothing has been lost.
Another vote for all wet food. Mine have never been very fond of dry food. I believe wet food is much healthier anyway.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't judge anyone if they have to feed dry but i have to say im very pleased with the number of people on this forum who say they feed at least partial wet. It has really increased compared to a couple of years ago! I'm so glad that people are really wanting to take care of their cats these days.

MargoLane

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat gets a little bit of Ziwi Peak air-dried for a snack, or if I have to be away for a meal time. So maybe twice a week? But no traditional dry. It's expensive food, but I think it's a good compromise for wet/raw feeders. Especially if you only feed occasionally, the bag lasts a long time.

As for treats, I do have some "bad for her" treats, but those a for when she's really restless while I'm working from home and can't play with her. I stick them in a puzzle feeder and she's occupied for a while. I don't give her treats much, but I did just order a bag of lake smelts that are meant to be used for treats.