Does Anybody Else's Cat Love Kisses?

Desertrosebhc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boy came to live with me right at a year ago. I was going thru a tough time and the people who I was renting a room from got me a cat. I had had to put my girl down then year before (she was 17 and had been with me for 16 years).

There was a sign on my boy's cage at the shelter that said that he likes to give hugs and yes, he did. But in the last 6 months he has started bugging me to give him kisses right between the ears. He is my kissy face love bug. lol

I didn't think cats liked kisses but he has never refused them like my girl did. He is such a joy AND a pain in the rear but I am really happy to have him.

He is my emotional support animal and we now have our own apartment that has enough room for him to race around and jump from couch to chair and then floor to where ever he decides he needs to go. He is my furry Angel (with just a little mischief mixed in).

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad he's made you happy! Having a kitty companion is the best in the world. Welcome to the Cat Site! We hope you stay and share your experiences with us.

Mingo likes me to kiss him in the same place, on the forehead between the ears. He gives me a lot of head butts, so I guess he thinks I'm giving him a head butt back.

It's just wonderful that you found this loving cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Desertrosebhc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was on this site years ago but almost completely got off of everywhere a couple of years back (part of the tough situation I was in) and am just not getting back online but with a different username. I love cats and really missed my girl as she was very affectionate and loved for me to strike her for hours at a time.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All cats are different and with each one of them we learn what means the most to them. Feeby is a head butter. But, she when she comes to bed with me she has to have one of her paws touching my arm.

Desertrosebhc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My bky, Boo, likes to poop down and throw his head back as if to say, "you may commence the kissing!" He likes kisses between his ears, under his chin, on his cheeks, on his chest, ... Such a love bug. He likes to run his face all over mine.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arnold loves head butting and face and chin rubbing against my chin and face.

This usually happens several times during the night for couple of minutes each time. Its a wonderful feeling. He will wake up, lean his head back and rub against my chin, inviting me to do the same. And then we both fall back asleep.

I think part of it is affection and part of the reason is he is marking me...and I guess in his mind, im marking him as my own.

20181102_073803.jpg

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Theo LOVES kisses! He puts both of his paws on my cheeks when I kiss his face. :) Windy, not so much. She prefers being pet all over, a lot. lol Love my sweet babies!!

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Theo LOVES kisses! He puts both of his paws on my cheeks when I kiss his face. :) Windy, not so much. She prefers being pet all over, a lot. lol Love my sweet babies!!

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I first adopted Gizmo at 10 weeks old, I’d give him kisses on the very top of his head and make this obnoxious kissy noise as I did it. Now, nearly two years later, he asks for them all the time by head butting and rubbing his face against mine. I can’t see it directly but I’m told his eyes close and he’s very comforted by my noisy ridiculous kissies to his sweet little kitty head.

Desertrosebhc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know that Boo closes his eyes. And he is purring up a storm while I make the kissie noises while I am planting kiss after kiss on his head between his ears or under his chin. He returns the favor by rubbing his face on mine.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fudge loves kisses. He particularly likes kisses on the forehead, and will bend his head down so that I can kiss him. Both Toffee and Fudge like kisses on their tummies, and Toffee gives a lot of nose kisses.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy came to live with me right at a year ago. I was going thru a tough time and the people who I was renting a room from got me a cat. I had had to put my girl down then year before (she was 17 and had been with me for 16 years).

There was a sign on my boy's cage at the shelter that said that he likes to give hugs and yes, he did. But in the last 6 months he has started bugging me to give him kisses right between the ears. He is my kissy face love bug. lol

I didn't think cats liked kisses but he has never refused them like my girl did. He is such a joy AND a pain in the rear but I am really happy to have him.

He is my emotional support animal and we now have our own apartment that has enough room for him to race around and jump from couch to chair and then floor to where ever he decides he needs to go. He is my furry Angel (with just a little mischief mixed in).
Welcome to TCS D Desertrosebhc and sweet angel boy! Oh yes, lifelong cat kiss lover here! I pick them up and cover them in kisses. Some get disgusted and jump down to start washing. Some do surrender and allow. Some actually seem to love it! And as for hugs, yes, some very special cats have given me hugs, though no one here now does. I miss that, and them. *Love your screen name btw. Do you know what a desert rose is?*

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex-feral, Seal, loves kisses. Any chance he gets, he will press the top of his head against my mouth, wanting a kiss. If he is on the back of a chair, all I have to do is lean down and he will stretch his neck out and push his head against my mouth. I love to kiss him. If I am holding him, he gets many, many kisses.:redheartpump:

Leo likes to get in my lap and then have me pick him up and hold him in my arms. He gets many kisses when I am holding him. He doesn't seek kisses. Maybe he is putting up with it rather than enjoying it. Good enough for me! :redheartpump:

Diamond will put up with a kiss or two, but he doesn't really like it and will be gone soon after I start. :kitty:

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All three of mine love kisses! Especially C'est Moi; she will come up to me and meow for me to lean over so she can give me a kitty kiss on the face. Then I'll pick her up and give her a bunch of kisses on the cheek and the top of her head.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of mine love kisses! Especially C'est Moi; she will come up to me and meow for me to lean over so she can give me a kitty kiss on the face. Then I'll pick her up and give her a bunch of kisses on the cheek and the top of her head.
I'm sure glad of that. As irresistible as they are, and all. :happycat::lovecat3::lovecat4:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a little female cat here that kind of blends in. She's very sweet, extremely affectionate, but is a very catty-cat, and speaks cat well, and doesn't find humor in being held, cuddled, hugged or kissed. She loves to be pet (LOVES it) and loves to be brushed and is kind of a pain in the butt when you're trying to brush someone else.
Pick this girl up, give her a kiss on the forehead and she slams her front paws into your face/mouth and locks her shoulder joints to prevent you from leaning in. :crackup:
Queen Bee, nope, no kisses, but anything else is great including holding, cuddling, petting, or even handling that she dislikes (nail trims, etc.)
Baby Girl is a kissing fool. I won't let her date. (Just being stupid, she is spayed!)
Most of our boys are annoyingly pushy about being kissed on the top of the head and are very insistent except for two. I have never attempted to give them anything but petting, some brushing, and talks. I'm 100% sure if I tried to give them a kiss, I'd be in the ER. :(