Do Your Cats "talk" To Each Other?

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really think I want to know what Twinkie and Mellie say to each other. I suspect it would mostly consist of feline cursing.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If my cats do talk to each other, they do a lot of arguing!!
They usually growl or meow weird at each other. It seems like, though, they talk without noise a lot. I can watch them and can say what it looks like they would be saying if they could really talk by the faces they make or the way they look at each other.

sparkleamato

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Phillip talks alot! But not to Terrance, he talks to me! I meow back to him, and we have a "conversation". I love it!

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes but it's not nice talking

Kitty never hissed once before I brought Holly home, and now she hisses at Holly all the time! It's a love hate thing.

Holly is still a kitten and does sometimes make a kitten noise to look for Kitty, but other than that they talk to me mostly.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine will occasionally, but mostly they talk to ME to tell me what they think! Especially if I've been gone for awhile, and then I come home to get "cussed out" for having the nerve to leave them alone..

trempette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats never make any noise to each other, unless one is bothering the other one and gets a warning growl.

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These two boys were rescued ferals and lived the first 8 weeks of their lives in the wild...I suppose that is why they do have a language that they use for each other...you can tell the difference in which boy is calling the other and it is totally different than the voice they use to talk to us. I guess I thought all cats did this, but I am finding out differently.

Mom of D & D

sazzyuk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two brothers and they constantly talk! They make strange mumbling noises to each other when they walk past each other and use. And sometimes I hear them chattering when they don't know I'm there

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitties are always very charming to each other, except Snake who will chase and growl at the others sometimes.

They talk about about stuff like the weather, how the prey's running and how Snake was once stuck in a tree for three hours.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate and Velcro definitely talk to one another. Velcro usually starts the conversation, asking Chocolate to play. If she ignores him, he starts to taunt her. Sometimes she gets so exasperated that she goes after him. She chases him about 20 feet and then they turn around and he chases her. They also talk to one another when they want to pass and not cause trouble. Chocolate gives Velcro the stink eye and tells him to move in no uncertain terms when he's on the bed. Darwin and Velcro also talk smack to one another before they start wrestling.

The boys will also talk to each other about something they've spotted outside.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys dont "talk" much to each other. They do however "communicate" quite a bit to each other. Much of it is simply by staring. If one gets too rough when wrestling, the other cries out and they stop immediately. They play together and watch each other....if one finds something vey interesting at the window, gets a treat, finds a bug or mouse ect, the other is right there also.

Both cats DO "talk" to me....I guess they figure im not smart enough to read their body language.