Do your cats share a cat condo tree or do they need their own.

djkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I'm new to this site.

I have a 1yro cat and am getting a new kitten in a couple weeks.

I have 1 window in the living room that has a scratching post with attached circular bed. My kitty uses this all the time to watch out the window and to take naps.

I have another window in the bedroom that he just used the window sill.

Should I get a bigger cat condo with several higher levels that the cats can share to look out the living room window and put the one I have in my bedroom which only has room for the smaller one I have.

Or should I just get an additional post with circular bed for the bedroom.

I'm thinking if both cats want to look out a window they will be able to.

I don't want the cats to fight over the window seat.

Do cats like to share the tree or do you think they each need their own.

I hope i'm making sense here.

Thanks

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
With my cats, it depends on the cat. When we added our girl she wouldn't use the boys cat tree, so I ended up getting her her own. Now a year later she is sharing the boys tree. When we added a new boy, he fit right in immediately and was accepted and he shared the big tree right away. All the cats rotate sharing spots that look out the windows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your input! I just can't decide since my current kitty can't tell me what he thinks about it!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I would wait until you have the new kitten and get through the introductions. See whether they're sharing the cat tree first before you buy a new one. You wouldn't want to buy something that expensive and have it turn out that you didn't need it after all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know, maybe I'm jumping ahead of myself. I just want to be prepared but yes, I certainly don't want to buy a large purchase if it's not going to be used.

I might just buy an inexpensive vertical scratching post and a horizontal scratching lounger for my new kitten to have for himself  during the introduction time.