Do your cats like the Purina broth and soups

myfamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats love the Lil' Soups, and also the Fancy Feast broths. I put the broths in the blender and make the whole package lickable, otherwise if I just put it on a plate straight from the package, they will only lick the broth, and leave behind the meat. The Lil Soups are perfect as is. I wish I could make broth or soups on my own because at a buck a pop these things are expensive, especially when you are given them to 5 or more cats. Have you ever tried making your own broths or soups?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats love the Lil' Soups, and also the Fancy Feast broths. I put the broths in the blender and make the whole package lickable, otherwise if I just put it on a plate straight from the package, they will only lick the broth, and leave behind the meat. The Lil Soups are perfect as is. I wish I could make broth or soups on my own because at a buck a pop these things are expensive, especially when you are given them to 5 or more cats. Have you ever tried making your own broths or soups?
They haven't tried them. I have seen them in the store but I doubt they would eat them. My girls are SO picky it's ridiculous. I could go on forever about that subject but I'll spare you. :lol::rolleyes2:

Yes I have made my own broth and it's so easy. I put a whole chicken in the crock pot, cover it with filtered water, put the lid on, set it to low and let it be for 24 hours. You end up with a rich, golden brown broth that is salt free and delicious. You can give it to them like that or you can put some of the broth into a blender with some of the meat and make a slurry out of it if they like that. You can add the giblets if they like those too. The broth or slurry can be frozen in ice cube trays to make cat sized portions. Once they are frozen, they can go into freezer bags. No additives, no spices, no salt and no veggies that cats don't want or need. It makes a lot so it's also good for humans too. You can set some aside for yourself and season to taste. You can also use turkey or beef if your cats aren't fans of chicken.