Do your cats have extra whiskers?

Sleeps_With_Cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do. Whenever I find one, I put it in jar for safekeeping. Reportedly, cat whiskers are good luck.
I have 3 cats and I find a few shedded whiskers a week. Yup, I save them, though I'm really not sure why!

There's a woman on Instagram who makes modern-looking jewelry (pendants, rings, earrings) using cat whiskers embedded in resin. Check out @volanakote on Insta - I'm pretty sure she could do a custom order with your cat's whiskers. :)

Sleeps_With_Cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently noticed that my cat Simon has short extra whiskers on either side of his nose, as well as two sets of those "curb feelers" side whiskers. You can't even see the nose-whiskers unless the light hits them at just the right angle... it took me almost 2 years to realize they were there!

I was Googling to find information and found this thread. I'm weirdly relieved to find other people's cats have these too!

He's all white with yellow eyes, and the rescue group said he was a barn cat for the first year of his life. Just a regular ol' basic boy cat. I don't know anything about his siblings or his mom. He did have entropion in his left eye, which was surgically corrected, and he's fine now.
20190105_223011.jpg

I don't know if you can zoom in on an inserted photo, so here's a close-up of his nose-bridge whiskers:
20190105_222822.jpg

I've known since I adopted him that he was "extra" but I didn't realize it was literally true. Too cool!