do your cats answer to all their nicknames?

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hehe! I have so many nicknames for my cats, it's a shock they even know their real names.

Pandora is really dainty and little. We call her "China Girl" because she's so petite and beautiful! I call her Princess (and boy does she know it!)

Thor is really BIG and fuzzy. I call him Double Stuff (after the Oreo cookie!) 'cause he's as long and husky as two cats put together! Also call him Chunky Monkey because as a kitten he used to be much more limber, so he became my little monkey

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mattie ignores everything.

Chloe responds to whistles, kiss noises, and a shaking treat jar.

Henry responds to his name and will come to you like a puppy. He also responds very quickly to the sound of the pantry door opening.

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I laughed at caitsith calling her cat by its first and last name. I thought I was the only one who did that! THOR JACOB! GET DOWN OFF THAT TABLE!

pebblesandmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Binks comes to any words as long as I use the "Kitty talk tone" in my voice. I could call, "here polychloride, where is my cute little spatula, I have a bowl of used tires for you" and she would come if i use the sing-songy kitty voice.
LOL I know what you mean, same with mine! They'll answer to anything in that sing-song voice. Some of their nicknames include:

Pebbles aka. Nubbins aka. Princess aka. Princess Nubs aka. Pumpkin-Head
Milo aka. Buddy aka. Little Buddy aka. Milo-man

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PebblesandMeow

LOL I know what you mean, same with mine! They'll answer to anything in that sing-song voice. Some of their nicknames include:

Pebbles aka. Nubbins aka. Princess aka. Princess Nubs aka. Pumpkin-Head
Milo aka. Buddy aka. Little Buddy aka. Milo-man
i just thought about this and i realized i talk to each of my cats in a different tone lol

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ginger answers to all of her nicknames, i.e. Goud, chubby, stinker, pretty girl, potato but I basically call her any nickname that sounds cute at the time...Franky on the other hand barely knows her own name...they both come running if they hear me talk in the baby voice

rummi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
kimi responses to her name, and variations of her name, such as 'kimimi', 'mimi', 'mimimimi', plus 'my dear' which i use interchangeably on kitten n husband.

sometimes i call 'come, my dear'... both reported in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
omg when i woke up today princess was sitting right by my head and looking at me, and she put her paw on my shoulder and went "meep" in this little sqeaky baby voice, she never meows so when she does its the cutest thing, and she got a new nickname out of it.....kitty meepers!

mikehong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had my three cats for about 8 months and none of them answer to their names but I keep trying. My girlfriend and I have noticed that Obie and Oscar will eventually come to us if we whistle.