do you wanna be in my gang????....

stella123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok, so i have noticed this huge ginger cat in my yard..on my wall...the last few weeks...i call him garfield...cos he's ginger and huge!!

he knocked my cat off my 6ft wall last week...but my cat simba was ok...it looked friendly...no sounds of hissing or growling...but my cats smaller then him ..

any way walking home the other day i spotted this ginger cat....i was shocked to see him walking down the street with two other cats following him...it looked like a cat gang...is was sureal...one tabby and one tortishell...they were following the ginger cat almost in a line..like tail to tail...the ginger cat clearly looked like the boss of them as he was in the lead contantly...

the ginger cat has a collar so i'll assume its a domestic owned cat....not sure about other two though!!

this ginger cats been visiting my yard alone for a few weeks,i'm not sure if he's neutered as he does spray the back gate...?

now last night i was shocked again...my cat was inside in his bed...just chilling after a couple of hours outdoors...about an hour later...the ginger cat came strolling along my wall...with his two other gang members behind him like before..they all sat on wall peering into the window looking for simba my cat....the ginger one spotted him on the sofa them meowed?...

i then chased the cats off the wall as i am unsure why they are so interested in my 12 mth old neutered male cat...do they want him to join the gang?...or are they all going to attack him?..

i have only ever heard of ferral cats living in colony's....or dogs running in packs?

i just find this behaviour from cats very odd...it was like they were waiting for him...then it seemed the ginger one called to my cat?

my cat did go out later on...but was back 20 minutes later and was fine!

but why are these cats so interested in my cat....what is it they want?

anyone got any idea's???thoughts?

i just find it so un-nerving...cos they see me sitting in the room too...but don't seem to care as they just want my cat, unless i open back door and move towards them they just watch through the window????

its like they want my cat to join them?but i am worried they might want him for other reasons.....but i am at a loss as to why they would be almost stalking my cat....the ginger one is always coming and going....but last night there was two more with him?why?

i've tryed to find out online about this behaviour...but had no luck at all...its normally if you have a female in heat that attracts other cats to your door...i havn't...i have a neutered male..

do they think he's a girl?...surely his scent would be a give away he's not a girl cat in heat?

lol...please give me some idea's....i am at a loss!!

Last edited:

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Just a guess, but cats can be very social creatures and since you mention that this ginger cat doesn't seem aggressive to your cat, they may just be looking for one more cat to come out and play.

Even neutered, they'll know Simba's male, they may just not see him as a threat as a result. I'm sure someone will have a better answer soon, but I have to say, I laughed at the mental image of this 'cat gang' walking down your street.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

stella123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ms.fraya...

i also laughed when i saw the cat gang....it was a shock but funny too....but watching them walk along my wall in a perrrfect line together was strange...then one by one they all sat down on the wall and seemed relaxed looking into my house.....

i would like my cat to have other cats to keep him company....as i really don't want another just yet..i just want to make sure this cat gang don't want to harm my cat...cos that ginger cat is massive...i see why he's the leader of this pack.....the other two cats are same size as mine...

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats too funny! A cat gang. I have a cartoon picture in my head of them sitting on the fence trying to recruit your Simba.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ba-dadda-da-da  Ba-dadda-da-da   (Alex the Lion in Madagascar 2, doing the fight dance from West Side Story.)   If they start coming around in leather jackets, you are in trouble.

If the orange one is spraying the gate, he is probably not neutered.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just because he's spraying doesn't mean he's not nuetered, my 12 year old nuetered male sprays everything in site when outdoors! He pees standing up and against anything vertical, I've got a tote lid standing up in his litterbox. And he is actually 'marking', 'cause it's not much, just a little 'spritz' to tell others he's been there!

stella123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol...hey guys its not helping taking the mick outa me....lol...

it is funny..but still no ones telling me why they are after my cat?

i know male cats spray neutered or not...but this ginger cats spraying which suggests its a male cat to me because of how he sprays....

think the other two could well be females as they are smaller...but i'm still confused over why these 3 cats are stalking my cat...the ginger ones been coming and going for a few weeks now...only last night did he show up in my yard with the other two gang members....why?

i could understand if my cat was a female in heat why he's attract the attention of this ginger cat and a few more...but he's male and neutered too?

just odd to me!!!!

Last edited:

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who knows. Cats do the strangest things sometimes. You try to figure them out and end up just banging your head against the wall.

I'd say as long as he's not attacking Simba, all is ok.  Simba is neutered and therefore not a threat. They may just be curious about the new dude in the neighborhood.

stella123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yer he has only been going outside about a month really..so it is most likely these cats have been outdoors a lot longer so are checking simba out....

hope he hasn't gotta do anything dangerous or daft to get in the gang though...lol...