Do You Think This Is Too Much To Ask Of My Friends?

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My wife and I both work very demanding jobs. I’m gone from Thursday to Monday, and she’s away from Saturday to early Wednesday morning. Our cats are spoiled and they are well taken care of when we’re home. The sitters do all the same things we do, with just a few more treats involved. One friend is watching out for Cerulean and her kittens that are downstairs in the finished basement and he’s sleeping on a futon. Our main floor Totty, Tubby, and Phoebe have the run of it and they join my friend to sleep with them on the pull out sofa bed. Then my other friend is staying upstairs and takes care of and sleeps besides Precious. They all seem to love the arrangement, but even though I feel like I’m paying them well I almost feel guilty for putting that much responsibility on them. Or maybe I’d rather be the one who could be home with them while they’re still being quarantined. Am I just being an overprotective cat dad? It kind of feels like I am.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its good that you want to look after all your kitties so well, I wish everyone felt the same. Ask your friends how they feel if they are happy to carry on for a while. After all, it is only a temporary arrangement as at some point all the kitties will be able to be together. Precious and Blue are new to you and your home and need this time to settle. You are doing the right thing for them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its good that you want to look after all your kitties so well, I wish everyone felt the same. Ask your friends how they feel if they are happy to carry on for a while. After all, it is only a temporary arrangement as at some point all the kitties will be able to be together. Precious and Blue are new to you and your home and need this time to settle. You are doing the right thing for them.
My friends are find with with it and was hoping you’d say that and none of the cats will be left on their own. A person swill be they’re with then everyday to make sure that they stay social and personable little kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have talked to my friends and they were happy to take care them for me. They love the little boogers more and more everyday. And can you blame them?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have talked to my friends and they were happy to take care them for me. They love the little boogers more and more everyday. And can you blame them?
Nope.
Do your friends have cats of their own? If no, they might really like being around them if they can't have pets of their own.
Or, they may just like the arrangement.
Either way, I'd say you've found a perfect solution for your schedule and it sounds like everyone is happy.