Do you think my 11 week old kitten is long hair or short hair?

sharkgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
FB1F6ECF-8D0D-4ED8-ABC2-250EE447694C.jpeg
D910616A-B2EC-4E38-B93D-8824272AB0F5.jpeg
8615074D-978B-4A28-9972-807F96038246.jpeg

she has toe tuffs but they aren’t quite as long as other kitties ive seen. she is certainly fluffy but i am wondering if this is just kitten fluff. I got her at around 7 weeks (thats when her owners gave her up) and i swear she is only getting fluffier which is making me think she might at least be medium long haired. the vet said she was medium hair however they also thought she was a girl and she is certainly not haha. let me know what you guys think! the people i got her from said she was likely a ragdoll siamese mix but they didn’t know for sure who the father was. thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharkgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also i am new to this cite and not entirely sure how to edit my post but i accidentally mistyped and said the vet thought she was a girl but isn't. Meant to say the vet thought she was a boy haha! Also here is a photo of her ear... it doesn't seem to have significant tuffs but when ive compared them to my friends bengal x russian blue kittens ears born on the same day, my kittens are much fluffier.
IMG_3195.JPG

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think she'll be longhaired. Just kind of a plushy shorthair. Longhairs usually have poofy tails at this age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharkgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think she'll be longhaired. Just kind of a plushy shorthair. Longhairs usually have poofy tails at this age.
like something similar to the coat of a british short hair do you think? i've only seen photos of them but they seem to fluffier than other shorthairs

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For sure just a more plush shorthair for sure. This was my girl at 11 weeks old you can see how long her ear tufts are and how thick her fur is, even with her spay sock on lol. And baby Jetty shows how fluffy his toes were, you can see they were pretty long and he had a pretty thick coat.
2019-12-22 12.57.38.jpg
20190206_135924.jpg

Hollawonka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey weird question, did you pick up this kitten in SK, or AB. I believe I have the brother of your kitten! Please let me know, as I would love to see what your older cat now looks like

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
S sharkgirl what did become of your kitten?

I myself guess shorthair; because tail isnt bushy....
could be. not sure if I missed some pics but I only see one pic showing the tail and for me it's just not enough to really see what's going on with the tail. it seems like 11 weeks is kind of a crossroads with fur in kittens. but more than anything I just like watching the toasting of lynx points. lol. it's so fun the way they go from looking like this to looking like almost an entirely different cat over the course of a year or so :) I think If I had to guess although I know it's not a "real thing" I'd go with med hair