Do you take your cat on vacations?

peeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm moving this from the lounge over to here to try to get some more replies.

We've only had our cat for just over 2 months so we're new to this. We booked a vacation for next Spring and the condo says it is pet friendly. We thought it would be nice to get a soft side carrier and bring our cat with us which would mean putting him under the seat on the airplane. Have you ever done that and is it a good or bad idea in your opinion. We have lots of time to decide but I was just curious what your views are on this.

Our cat is fine when he's in a carrier in the car with me so I'm thinking he might be okay on the plane. He has a real quiet meow too so I don't think he'd bother any other travelers. I'm concerned about how long he'd have to be in the carrying crate though cuz the duration of the flights with one layover is close to 6 hours.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's up to you but personally I would never take my cats with me on vacation let alone on a plane. That is just entirely too much stress in my opinion for the cat. Plus the cabin pressure of the plane etc. He might be fine in the car but a plane and vacation, and whole new environment is a different story. They do much better at home in their own environment with a pet sitter or friend coming by to feed them and scoop their litter.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have too many for one and I believe it would stress my cats out too much. I have a pet sitting company that visits twice a day when we are out of town.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peeps

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We decided that he'd be happier if we just find someone to come in and feed him, scoop his litter and play with him once a day.