Do you sleep with your cat?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Casper almost always comes to bed with us.  He knows the words "Come to bed" now and follows us up.  We have a nightly ritual of head bumps on the bed first and then he settles in.  Typically, he'll stick around for hours until he wanders off at some point.  A lot of mornings, I find him curled up on the area rug at the foot of the bed waiting for me to wake up and give him breakfast.

Cocoa, hardly ever will come in when we are heading for bed.  I think she realizes that time is Casper's (he was with us several years before her).  The door is obviously open for her, and, she naps with him during the daytime in our bed, but at night, she likes her solitude on the soft blankie on the couch.  She will come in early in the morning to remind us to feed her (oh does she ever!) and sometimes we can get her to relax and lay down with us.  She's a purr machine so I like when she does that.  

Both, will happily nap with us in the daytime.  Which we can't figure out.  I guess the middle of the day is just a good time for everyone to relax together.

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I must roll around too much for my cat.  She started out sleeping with me, but shortly ended up sleeping on my windowsill instead. Now she sleeps on the cushioned scratching post that I put right next to the windowsill . . . but on weekends, when I can lay in bed awhile after waking up, she will cuddle with me then.  And she is a bit of a crotch warmer, but not all the time.  She also likes putting her front paws and chest (and head) on my stomach while leaving the back ones on the bed.  And sometimes, she cuddles up in my armpit.

My parents' black cat loves to sleep between my dad's legs -- I think she sleeps a little lower down, though, between the crotch and the knees.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they sleep with me. Camelot likes to happily sleep at the end of the bed, whereas Morgana has to bury herself against my chest. Altogether, she is either nestled against my chest if I'm on my side, sleeping on my chest (Often stretched across like a slinky) if I'm on my back, or sleeping against my head/neck if I'm on my stomach. She is incredibly cuddly. It's great, I love it! Very pleasant and comforting, and willingly remain with me all night.  

Either cat will sit or nap on my lap at any time if I am reading something or just watching the telly.

I'm pretty used to having animals sleep with me, as I had a Jack Russell - and once an awhile, a German Sheperd, when there is a storm - sleep with me during my most of my childhood and entire teenage years. I suppose my body has adapted to being automaticly aware of the existance of a fellow furball in bed

It actually does feel strange if I don't have a pet sleeping with me!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty used to having animals sleep with me, as I had a Jack Russell - and once an awhile, a German Sheperd, when there is a storm - sleep with me during my most of my childhood and entire teenage years. I suppose my body has adapted to being automaticly aware of the existance of a fellow furball in bed

It actually does feel strange if I don't have a pet sleeping with me!

If I don't have a cat or two (at least) snuggled next to me, I don't sleep very well. In the hospital, I kept trying to get the nurses to bring in a cat to sleep with me.

binxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a hard time sleeping without my cat right next to my head.

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Recently, my cat has been sleeping with me more often. It's so wonderful!

auressa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat seems to never leave my room. She always sleeps in my room and she can only seem to eat in my room.. A tad weird to be honest. Especially considering she's not supposed to be a house cat..

However, I love how she is always there with me

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat seems to never leave my room. She always sleeps in my room and she can only seem to eat in my room.. A tad weird to be honest. Especially considering she's not supposed to be a house cat..

However, I love how she is always there with me
My cat I had growing up was like that.  She would eat outside of my room; but I bet she would have preferred to be in there day and night!  She had different spots over the years that she would spend her time in; but always in my room.  I still miss her! 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL that's too cute.

It is an odd night if Smokie does not sleep with us. We have a standard bed (DH and I) and, needless to say Smokie allows us each a 1/2 inch sliver........ We can't move, we are pinned and well that's it lol. I would not say he sleeps with us, but that he ALLOWS us to use his bed 

auressa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat I had growing up was like that.  She would eat outside of my room; but I bet she would have preferred to be in there day and night!  She had different spots over the years that she would spend her time in; but always in my room.  I still miss her! 
Awh... That's so cute!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I hardly sleep if I don't have a cat in my room, preferably on the bed but I'm a restless sleeper so my current boy sometimes spends time on the laundry basket near my bed too (I put a big folded fleece on it for him). The 3 months I had between my last cat moving on and getting Mouse I could hardly sleep at all. Then when I woke up I'd often think I could see her looking at me from the open bedroom door - until I woke up properly and she'd be gone. Sometimes I still think I see her there, even when Mouse is on my bed.

vadzilla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
+1 here, although ours usually sleep on my wife's side, because I tend to toss and turn too much. They always stay close to the person who goes to bed last, though, even if everybody else in the house is long asleep.