Do you sleep with your cat?

jiskefet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have any number of cat beds, but they are allowed in the bedroom, and sleep on the bed if and when they want.

At the moment, there are only 2 or 3 cats sleeping in bed with us, but come winter, the number increases as temperature drops.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um ok then...
Haha, sorry, but I had to laugh at this because on TCS you honestly can use the word "only" to describe having three cats, but if you ever said that to a person in real life, you'd sound like a crazy cat lady.

Last edited:

catspaw1028

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi i have 15 furry children, when i lay on my bed i usually have at least 8 sleeping kitties with me! in my living room, i have custom built ladders and steps on the walls, so my kitties can climb , and sleep on the steps, i have a huge house , on a bluff overlooking the ocean. i am new here and this forum seems great to me. love and purrs catspaw1028

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most nights, all three of mine sleep with us. Tailer's the first one there and he'll meow at us if we don't get there in time. Forest comes next. He can't jump up onto the bed by himself, so he taps the side of the bed until one of us gets up and picks him up. Gracie waits until we're asleep, then she slips in and settles on my feet.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we got a cal. king size bed and there's usually 3-4  sleeping on the bed. in the winter sometimes up to 6. we have 10 cats

littlegrey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little Grey usually starts off the night sleeping right next to me (he likes to wiggle his head up onto my pillow and everything!) and then will migrate towards the side of my hips, sometimes onto his own pillow that's right near my head, other times he will lay down at my feet. I also have my bed sheets from university in my closet which creates a nice large comforter pillow in a dark corner. He loves that too. It's really up to whatever his mood is that day.

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cats and more cat beds than cats scattered throughout my tiny abode, one bed is heated.   They like their beds but not as much as they like sleeping with me, I hope.  I love to have kitties snuggle with me in bed purring!  if I wake up during the night and there isn't at least one cat in my bed, I usually call to them and they all get in and nest.  Cricket loves to snuggle under the covers and will crawl way in under the blankets.  Clancy likes to curl up on my legs on top of the covers.  Rufus likes to get partially under the pillows.  Sometime I'll wake up and he'll just be staring at me like he's studying my face.  What kind of creature is that?

rosti

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats are outdoor cats so they don't sleep in my bed. However, when I sleep outside, they sleep in my sleeping bag with me. 

daisy the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newport Beach, California http://www.facebook.com/
I have never mashed one yet and I sleep with between 3 and 5 on a standard bed.  Of course, they sometimes kick ME off the bed.
i wouldn't worry about it, cats hate it when you move around, unless you move or roll over in lightening speed, they just jump down off the bed or move. they hate it when humans move around on the bed. that's why most of us just lie on the edge and allow them to "own the whole bed! "

haley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten like to sleep on the floor he likes the feeling of my hardwood floor because it's cold 
 but when i'm not home he'll sleep in my bed waiting for me to come back 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i wouldn't worry about it, cats hate it when you move around, unless you move or roll over in lightening speed, they just jump down off the bed or move. they hate it when humans move around on the bed. that's why most of us just lie on the edge and allow them to "own the whole bed! "
You are preaching to the choir.  I have lived with multiple cats for over 20 years.  

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aya usually sleeps with me. She is very good at wiggling out of the way when (god forbid) I want to roll over... she just resumes position draped over my knees or meatloafed by my side when I sleep on my side. She really prefers me to be on my back ...

Speaking of which does anyone else have a crotch warmer? Aya's by far prefered position is to drop her bum down the hole between my legs and plant her front paws on the important stuff and stare at me. I think I inadvertently trained her to this as a kitten. Aya was a winter kitten in a cold damp Okinawa apartment and I would sit on the straw mats to use my 'puter and stuff indian style. she would toddle over and down her whole little self "down the hole" so to speak, curl up and snooze. She only gave it up when she no longer fit.

I'm a woman, but my younger brother found this somewhat disturbing when he came to visit me in Japan. For some reason, she took an instant liking to him (the only man she's instantly liked). Needless to say he was a bit disturbed by kitty weapons perched over the "family jewels" and scooched the blanket down a few inches with his feet after she settled. It took him a couple nights to train her to meatloaf by his side rather than be a crotch warmer.

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aya usually sleeps with me. She is very good at wiggling out of the way when (god forbid) I want to roll over... she just resumes position draped over my knees or meatloafed by my side when I sleep on my side. She really prefers me to be on my back ...

Speaking of which does anyone else have a crotch warmer? Aya's by far prefered position is to drop her bum down the hole between my legs and plant her front paws on the important stuff and stare at me. I think I inadvertently trained her to this as a kitten. Aya was a winter kitten in a cold damp Okinawa apartment and I would sit on the straw mats to use my 'puter and stuff indian style. she would toddle over and down her whole little self "down the hole" so to speak, curl up and snooze. She only gave it up when she no longer fit.

I'm a woman, but my younger brother found this somewhat disturbing when he came to visit me in Japan. For some reason, she took an instant liking to him (the only man she's instantly liked). Needless to say he was a bit disturbed by kitty weapons perched over the "family jewels" and scooched the blanket down a few inches with his feet after she settled. It took him a couple nights to train her to meatloaf by his side rather than be a crotch warmer.

lesliecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 8 cats.  Some will sleep with me but I toss around so much they usually leave after awhile.  Mostly they sleep where ever they want.  Sometimes I have to be on the hunt for them because somebody is sleeping in a new and strange place.  I love having cats sleep with me.

adelejackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sofia sleeps with me most nights.  My husband works away 4 nights a weeks, so she pinches his spot.  When he's home she seems to want to sleep on top of my body, usually on the top of my arm if I'm laid on my side.

As a kitten she slept on my pillow and would wake me by licking me and if I didn't wake up fast enough she'd nip my nose.  I miss her if she doesn't sleep in bed with me.