Do you sleep with your cat?

novia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you a cat lover, do you have a cat? 

if you have a cat , do you buy a cat bed for your baby or let the lovely baby sleep with you?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
In the beginning when i first got my first cat, I bought a cat bed.. but he chose to sleep with me in my bed with me instead. I gave the bed to a friend who got a small dog, lol.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Angel likes to pick new places to sleep every now & then. A couple of weeks ago he was sleeping on the bathroom rug, up against the tub, then later in the night would come up on the bed.

He has a nice bed in my room, & has been going to sleep in it, but will either come up sometime during the night, or when my alarm goes off in the morning, he will come up & snuggle with me. "I call it our snuggle cuddle time." :)   I hit the snooze button way to much, because I don't want to get up then!

Last edited:

angelyco

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats tend not to use beds.  They have accepted a few, but snub most of them.  At night, a few will come in and sleep with us on and off, especially our fluffy one who likes to steal my pillow and suffocate me in his fur.  Generally, the rule is if they don't wake us up and bother us, they can sleep with us.

williecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish they would! Gus will sleep next to me when hubby isn't home. Usually though he sleeps downstairs on the sofa or in a cardboard box with a blanket in it. It sounds horrible, but he loves his box! Pepper the kitten still needs to be separated at night, so she sleeps in the bathroom. From what I can tell, she sleeps in the middle of the tile floor, even though she has two beds, a few fleece blankets, a small rug and a towel all over the floor. I hope when I let her out she comes up on the bed with me.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make sure to carry each one of them to bed so they sleep with me every-night - oooooh yeah -that's a must over here! :clap::clap::clap:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't sleep with my cats, but they do sleep with me!!  Sometimes the start off in their beds or napping spots but they come join us at some time during the night.  Sometimes they start off in our bed and then go elsewhere during the night, but there is usually a cat in bed with me when I go to sleep and one when I wake up.  Hannah has to always come for snuggle time and is the best bed sleeper!

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Parker sleeps curled up to my chest or belly when he is with me...but some nights he likes to sleep on my aquarium stand or on my computer chair.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More like my cats allow me to sleep with them. They will only sleep on the bed one at the time, so whichever of them gets there first or can run someone else off, will allow us a small edge of the bed.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have lots of cat beds, they're mostly used for a morning nap in the sunshine.

At night I only let 1 or 2 sleep with me, and most of the time none at all. Pregnant girls always get to sleep with me towards the end.

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
With nine cats, there are always someone in my bed. Some all night. Some jump down to eat and sleep some wheres else.

They have places to sleep when I am not home. Each their own favorite choices

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We close the bedroom door at night for the sake of a good night's sleep, but the cats love to nap on our bed during the day.  I laid down to read for a little while the other day and my husband wanted to join me to read for a bit too.  But there were two cats in his spot so he laid down at the foot of the bed and read for a bit.  He said, "I thought it was pets who used the foot of the bed."  LOL 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We close the bedroom door at night for the sake of a good night's sleep, but the cats love to nap on our bed during the day.  I laid down to read for a little while the other day and my husband wanted to join me to read for a bit too.  But there were two cats in his spot so he laid down at the foot of the bed and read for a bit.  He said, "I thought it was pets who used the foot of the bed."  LOL 
 So funny!  Angel was in his bed this morning when I woke up, So I laid down on the floor next to him w/ my head on his bed to cuddle w/ him!

"I had to get my kitty loves before I started my day."

violetxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one that sleeps with me practically every night just so she can wake me up in the morning by lying on my chest and head -butting my head, it works better than my alarm clock 
. The other two will sleep all over the house as well as in my bed. It gets pretty chaotic when all three are on the bed, but thank goodness its usually only one 

We have two cat beds, and one uses it religiously whereas the other two would rather find random places all over the house so I think it depends on the cat.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yea, Angel likes to sleep under my massage table in the winter, so I put a couple of old pillows under there w/ his blanky over them,

& I guess it's pretty cozy under there.

So I named it the "Kitty Cabana."

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ritz sleeps in between my legs during the cooler/cold months. Perhaps it's because I turn down the heat....

Since I've adopted Ritz two years ago, I haven't used my electric blanket.

In the summer it is usually around 80 inside (and that's WITH the ac running), so she sleeps by my feet off and on through out the night.  (I have a single bed.)

I get hurt and sad when she doesn't sleep with me.  I miss my furball.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make sure to carry each one of them to bed so they sleep with me every-night - oooooh yeah - that's a must over here!
I did that with Wilbur. First I put his head on my pillow. Then I put the blankets on the bed and crawled in next to him. He loved to put his head under the blankets, which of course meant I needed to do that too. When he got too hot, he curled up behind my legs.