Do you secretly (or not so secretly) favor one of your fur friends?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

My tuxedo cat, Max, passed in July. He was my soulmate cat. He was aloof, independent and only wanted love on his conditions. But he was the smartest cat I have ever seen. I wrote a story about him when he died and didn't know if there is anywhere on this forum you can post things like that.
I still have Muffin who is going on 7, and Speedboat going on 10. Speedboat has always loved me better than my other cats. There is no where he would rather be than in my lap. He tried hard to make me love him the best. I really love them both pretty much the same. Although my heart still aches for the one who is gone, I don't let them know it and they both get lots of hugs and kisses. I am trying to appreciate what I have instead of missing what I don't have, but that is hard.
nice post Bugaboo....you could post the story that you wrote about Max in "Crossing The Bridge"..as Ive seen a couple of stories dedicated to our dear departed fur friends...id really like to read it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I definitly favour Elmo. He's my boyfriend.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Elmo was from one of the first litters we bred. He was born in my room and he's just the sweetest cat on this earth. I swear he gets away with murder.

How can you not fall for this face and soulful eyes?

sailfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When we got out two bengals Myah had spots that stood out much more than Chaka's. I automaticly started to give Chaka more attention than Myah because I didn't want her to be slighted. Without discussion so did my son and wife. Even though she hates to get picked up she gets kittie squashes the most. She's the first on the list in our house with everybody.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hands down, Rocky! I do feel sorta guilty, but it's true.
Rocky has always needed TLC due to being sick, and he likes me the best out of the cats, likes me more than DH- that's okay b/c Zakk likes him more. Rocky sleeps next to my legs, follows me around, give me kisses and purrs in the middle of the night. He is also the least demanding of the four. He couldn't care less if he is first at feeding time, but will quietly go over and chow the left overs. He also reminds me of myself- prone to weight gain, poor eyesight, clumsy, and goofy.

I hope I don't play favorite with my children when I have them!

cassie-ondra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of course! I try very hard to be fair and give equal punishements, etc. But Zenon seems to get away with much more than Cleo does. Probably because I catch Cleo on the counter and on the TV, etc more than Zenon. Zenon covers her tracks better, so I tend to favor her more. As long as I don't see it, I confess that I often don't care what she has done. Cleo has bigger, more pleading eyes, though, so she gets out of a thump on the head quite often, too!

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them all equally, but in different ways (does that make sense?)
It's funny, when I talk to one of them affectionately, I have to make sure that the others get compliments too - especially if they are within hearing range!! They get so jealous of each other.

I love Molly because she is my special girl - had her the longest and she's the most affectionate.

I have a soft spot for Morrell because he's a big boy that I rescued who looks similar to a cat that I lost named George.

I love Noah because he's a sweetheart and has such a cute face.

I love Bella because she's always getting into mischief to get my attention. She is more like a dog than a cat sometimes (plays fetch).

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tell whoever is in my lap that they are my favourite & say but don't tell the others

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of our cats are sooo different from each other, and I love them for who they are....however, that being said, Toby and Tedy actually do have their "own favorite person".Tedy`s "Favorite" is Larry and Toby`s "Favorite" is me.
Linda

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

Both of our cats are sooo different from each other, and I love them for who they are....
Same here. They both have different personalities, and if i tell one of them their " Mummy's gorgeous girl " i have to tell the other one as well

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Thats funny Susan thats what I do. Except I can say, 'who's the most beautiful boy in the world' without offending Nismo because I say the same to her. If I'm going out and I give Sleeves a cuddle I always have to give Nismo one aswell, and if the Sleeves comes back to me and demands more attention, I then give Nismo another cuddle too... I sometimes end up being late because I have to share the love equally!

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love gabbers, I really do, but CJ is my baby. I got CJ in the middle of a breakup from my boyfriend of 2 years. He was an abused kitten at a shelter who had reached the end of his stay (he was scheduled to be pts in 3 days). I went to see if a cat was right for me and he reached through the bars and grabbed my hair, and we have been together since. I helped him become more trusting and he helped through a very tough time.

We were there for each other because we needed each other, and gabbers and I have not been through anything like that to bond.