Do you prefer dependent or independent cats?

Do you prefer dependent or independent cats?

• Dependent (please explain why in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independent (please explain why in the comments)

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Wow this is a different sort of question.

What do you mean by dependent ? Like wanting fuss all the time and being with you

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l very much prefer independent cats. lt's their very independence that l find so appealing about cats.

l co-habit with my cats, but l feel like l'm raising my dog.

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love spoiling them. They love it when we all play together with Da Bird. I love it when they follow me everywhere I go. I think it's awesome. When I come in from work every night they all meet me at the door. I have 6.5 cats, and they love me as much as I love them. The .5 is a 6 month old kitten. They are so cool to play with and watch. I only have 3 that sleep with me at night, 1 sleeps with Jim, 1 sleeps in the basement, the kitten sleeps in the living room and Virgil sleeps on the sofa in human living room. The living room downstairs is only for the cats, so is the former dining room that now has a cat tree in it. So when we get company we go upstairs to the human living room to entertain. It has our TV, huge sofa, 2 big queen ann chairs that are all kept covered up until company comes. I wouldn't trade my house for anything. But when I got to bed 5 are right behind me.

awaiting abyss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like cats a little more on the dependent side. I love cuddly cats and I love cats that will seek attention and such, but I do like a break every once in a while.

allmomskitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having so many cats, 13, I have a few of each.  Some are SO dependent they nearly trip me being constantly underfoot.  Others are so independent that sometimes I have to go look for them because I can't remember seeing them for 2 days!  The dependent ones are sweet little dears who like to let me know how important I am in their lives.  The independent ones need care but very little attention to survive.  And yet they are all happy.

Interesting little side note:  the dependent cats seem to have more friction between them, possibly because they know they are competing for attention.  The independent ones are far more laid back and seldom cause problems with each other. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwars

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, thats exactly what i mean, GemGems

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Well I prefer dependent cats then. I guess I like to feel needed and wanted. I like it when my cats rub around my legs, headbutt me and jump on my lap when I sit down :D

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We refer to our cats as "cats that walk by themselves in the company of people", making them both dependent and independent at the same time. Didn't vote because cats are both.

chellma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have both. One aloof and on the top of the cat tree most of the time and others that I would call clingy. Holding onto my legs as I try to walk.  Love them all.