Do You Play With Your Cat With Your Hands?

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I know it’s best not to get them use to biting hands, but it does also depend on the cat. Butters is crazy, but she’s not a hard biter eaither, though I’ve taught her by saying Ow or hissing. I say follow your gut, and the cats reactions. You’ll know what works and what doesn’t.
It’s important to have fun too, and if you feel like playing and don’t have a toy at hand- I say play!:dancingblackcat:

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really, with one exception. Sometimes when my kitty is laying on her side, if I stroke her (almost always happens if I get close to her belly but sometimes other areas too) she'll roll over and grab my hand. She holds it in her paws and bunny kicks my arm (all with claws sheathed, so it actually kind of tickles). She'll headbutt my wrist, rub the top of her head all over everything, and maybe mouth at it a little bit. Afterwards, she'll start vigorously grooming my hand, which hurts because her tongue is horribly rough but it's so cute I never push her away.

Not a day goes by that I'm not grateful to Amelia's momma, wherever she is, for teaching my cat to keep her claws in when she plays like that! It's saved me from a lot of bloodshed.

CandieM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes. I do this because I feel guilty that I haven't bought her more/better toys so that she won't even feel bored. A part of me feels like I deserve it when she scratches me. :(

My plans are to have more cats in the future. Just hope I have more before she's fully grown.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do what their mom's do. Play time ends when things get to rough. I doesn't take long for them to learn the limits and what is allowed. Punishment is the end of the play session. If they are anti social they won't care to much but social cats really enjoy play time and want it to keep going so they follow the "rules".