Do You Monitor Your Kitties While At Work?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just in case you don't know this site, suggest you look at newegg.com.  It's where I, and a lot of other technophiles, get our stuff.  Good luck finding the perfect one for your family. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!  I will check it out.   

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Tarasgirl06  that's an amazing site!  I already found tons of cams.  It's got my head spinning.  And the prices are really good too!  Oh and I've already saved it to my top sites.  

dyosa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's really important to watch over our cats.
  But if you really trust them you will not going to be afraid.  

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've spent $800 in vet bills on 3 kitties over the past several months, so it's not a matter of trust.  They've had multiple digestive issues here lately, one of them was throwing up and pooping blood at one point.  While I was gone I worried constantly about how they were doing and what I might find when I came home.  It just makes sense to keep an eye on them.  

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good!  Techies do love it.  And so many more besides.  I like their real human customer service, too.  People are nice and helpful, in my experience.  Hope you find exactly what you need!  I signed up for their eblasts -- 5 amazing deals every day.  You can just delete if you don't want to read, but when you need something, it can be really great to find something at a great price and their software does track your shopping, so they'll contact you and ask if they can  help you find the perfect thing.  I like that. 

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment, the digestive issues - which have spurred me on to getting a monitoring system to start with - have "seemed" to have calmed down.  But I know better than to say it's all in the past, because the second I get too bold and positive......   

So for right now, it's not as dire a necessity as it was last month, but I do still plan to get a system because I just think it's a good idea.  It'll give me peace of mind having a way to check on them any time I want to.  That means a lot to me.  

kiki39

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I used to have cameras set up in my place. I used a mobile app called "iCam" ($4.99) and ip/network cameras (you could use a built-in camera on a laptop machine, too).

It's easy to set up but there are a few drawbacks. Everything has to go through their server although it is password-protected (and encrypted, I guess). No one can access it without knowing the usename/password combination, but it may not be perfectly safe. Another is, you have to have a computer running (and you need to install their free software "iCam Source" on your machine).

The quality of the image was not so good (not sure it was my camera or their software/system) but it was good enough for me to check how my fur babies were doing.

They seem to have a free app now (they didn't at that time), so... if you have a built-in camera on your laptop, you could try it if it works for you for free.

http://skjm.com/icam/

Hope this helps.