Do You Have One Of These Dishwashers?

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
There is an extended recall of Bosch, Thermador, Gaggenau, and Jenn-Air dishwashers manufactured between September 2012 and January 2015. The dishwasher power cord can overheat, posing a potential fire hazard.

To find out if your model is covered, visit the following websites:

www.bosch-home.com/us

www.thermador.com

www.gaggenau.com/us

www.jennair.com

If you have one of these models, stop using your dishwasher immediately and call the BSH Home Appliances Repair Hotline at

888-965-5813

Be ready to provide your model and serial numbers.

I think I have one of the and I'll bet a lot of you do, too. Please share this information as you see fit.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We do and that's pretty much what happened to us. That was earlier this summer, remember? When it overheated, everything in the circuit box in the cabinet next to the dishwasher was black. Our electrician came in and he was able to replace everything, so I think we're OK now.

But seriously, if you have one of those dishwashers, you really need to call them! We could have had a fire.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yikes, scary! We have a Bosch but it's under a year old. I'll double-check to make sure it wasn't manufactured in 2015 though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We do and that's pretty much what happened to us. That was earlier this summer, remember? When it overheated, everything in the circuit box in the cabinet next to the dishwasher was black. Our electrician came in and he was able to replace everything, so I think we're OK now.

But seriously, if you have one of those dishwashers, you really need to call them! We could have had a fire.
You might get some reimbursement for what happened. I'd sure report is and see.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
No, we can't. We bought the dishwasher at Lowes. When we bought it, for some reason, Rick agreed to the longer warranty. About a year or so later, the dishwasher died and, when we started checking things out, that's when we found the blackened junction box in the cabinet next to the dishwasher. Everything, including the outside of the box was black.

I called Lowes immediately. They messed around for a couple of days and then called me back. They couldn't find anybody in the area who was willing to work on Bosch dishwashers; that doesn't really surprise me because our appliance repair-weenie had told me that he would never work on Bosch as they were just too darn complicated. So they agreed to return every penny we paid for the dishwasher. We had paid a little over $800 for that dishwasher and they sent us a check for the entire cost. That meant that they had acknowledged the warranty in full and it was now done.

Meanwhile, our electrician was here and Rick asked him to take a gander at the dishwasher and the junction box. He looked around everything and said, "I think I can fix this!" He bought new parts and, for $40, he repaired the dishwasher. So, in essence, we got a brand new Bosch dishwasher for about $40!

I highly doubt that Bosch would do anything at this point. And that's pretty much OK with us. I mean, Lowes returned the money we spent on the dishwasher. I think that's all we can expect.