Do You Have A Favorite Cat Color?

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
What is a dilute torti? And silver? Is silver bright grey, or? Idk what my favorite is. My most loved kitty was a black Japanese bobtail. I adored Cotton (rip). Lucca and Jemima are beautiful to me but I just love them because they were meant to be our kittens. So I guess I don’t have a favorite 😉

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL! What did you say?- male cats are too sweet and nice for your liking? Since I met Jeff, I have to say that I lean a little more to female kitties too.

You girl is really cute and she looks like she is pondering a question in that one photo.
Haha, well, in my epxirence they're just a little too docile and .. Not as smart as I prefer, though it might be just because my last cat, I was 12, he was chronically ill and had terrible habits because of that; but was also pretty slow and very docile. And thank you, I didn't even think of that! Your right it does look like she's thinking.. I don't remember, but I think she was pouting because she wanted to go for a walk in that pic!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would never have said that I had a favourite cat colour, however, when I was ready to adopt a cat, for some reason I wanted an orange one. And when I went to the shelter to adopt, there was Ruby needing a home. :lovecat2:

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Black cats for me. :) :) oh and Bengals.

(I still find it incredibly sad that black cats are the most difficult to rehome and are often left at shelters far longer than other colours, because 'they don't look good in selfies' or photograph well for social media etc. Grrrrr.)

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Black cats for me. :) :) oh and Bengals.

(I still find it incredibly sad that black cats are the most difficult to rehome and are often left at shelters far longer than other colours, because 'they don't look good in selfies' or photograph well for social media etc. Grrrrr.)
My previous cat was back and white and one of the cutest cats ever! And my husband's dream cat is a black oriental with green eyes.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted an orange cat, so there's that. One of my current cats is a rather striking patched tabby and white, so I guess I half got what I wanted (her forelegs are orange, at least)! I've also always loved pointed cats; I'd love to have one someday, too.

Even regular brown tabbies can be beautiful, though. Amelia has such an expressive face, even though she's "just" a common brown tabby. Her coat is a bit light for a brown tabby, so the stripes on her face, chest, and legs, along with her little black toebeans, are really striking. She's certainly taught me that cats of all different colors can be beautiful.

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Blue point Siamese.....this was my first kitty after moving out on my own. They are beautiful.
Buff orange (had one), smoky grey (never have had one) and dilute calico (haven’t had one) are my favourites for colour.
I currently have a calico, a black and white and a grey tabby. I don’t go by colour when I get my cats (besides my blue point)....I go by which kitty I click with!

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always say "Grey cats are the Great cats"..... and I also am developing a soft spot towards torties now that I have two :) I got a t-shirt that looks like a little tortie is popping out of the pocket :)

I love em all though.. I think lynx point is an especially pretty coat patten

frazzfox

Mama to Kila the Calico
Young Cat
Purraise
As a very young child I was fascinated with Siamese cats. I wanted one so badly. I still think they're very beautiful!
Calicos and torties are probably my favorite coat coloration now though. I just love the smudged look. But I'm biased because of Kila and my favorite cat growing up, Magenta. She was the only one of my childhood cats we raised from kittenhood. And she has the classic "tortietude" in spades!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I seem to have a preference for cats with good amounts of white in their coats. Not a purposeful thing by any means but most of my cats have white patches or are bicolor.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t have a favorite color but a definite preference for sleek short hair and long angular body types. The only coat color I have never had is an all black and if I could pick a cat out tomorrow that would be what I would look for.