Do You Guys Open Windows To Allow Your Cats To Breathe In The Fresh Air?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just curious, since I leave the windows closed at all times, but my windows do have screens.

Not sure how much my cats would like this, or if they would be irritated by some of the outside smells.

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it is not winter, our windows are open. Unfortunately many products in our homes "off gas". Better air is good for us and our pets when we can get it.

jikin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! We had a freak warm day yesterday, and all of my windows were open to air it out some. My cats always like it. Inside cats like interesting things to sniff at, even if it's only a smell on the outside breeze coming in.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My previous cat used to love to just sit in front of an open window all day (see my avatar). He would jump up on the window sill as soon as I opened the window. We had a screen up and secured it from the outside so he couldn't push through it. We do the same thing for our current girl but she seems more interested in us than the outside world. I like for them to get some fresh air from time to time. It can't be good for their lungs to always breathe inside air.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our apartment is an oven year-round (we don't control the heat, and it's a difficult space to a/c effectively without going broke) so our windows are constantly open. We do get a lot of street noise that initially intimidated Juniper, but now when she hears things going on outside, she runs over to the window to see what's happening. She seems to enjoy keeping an eye on things out there.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ailish loves the open window. With screens, of course. She generally will not sit and look out the window when it is closed, but the minute I open it she's sitting there watching the birds. It's either the smell, the sound, or both.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My windows are open, to get fresh air for ME!! Never mind Artie..

Seriously, Artie loves the open windows.. I can see him sniffing the air..

I am an open air freak. I cannot stand not to air out the place, unless it is freezing cold outside.

When I clean, I have to have the windows open a bit, to get the smells out..