Do you Get A Flu shot?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can get the flu shot free at work, and since my MIL and my sister are all in the high-risk category, I decided to do it this year. My arm was a little sore for a couple of days, but no big deal otherwise.

ethereal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

I have a flu shot in my fridge LOL but its moms. I dont get one, I dont feel like I need one, but she works at a doctors office so she gets one every year. BUT I do have to get another shot soon for Chicken Pox... fun stuff!
Another shot for chicken pox? When I was a baby I had a shot so i'd never get chicken pox, so I havent had them. Are you saying I need another?

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year I got one because I worked around kids and my job offered it...it was the only year I remember NOT getting the flu, so I would say it worked for me! I didn't get one this year though.....

My mom is a nurse and gets one every year....she still gets the flu every year around Christmas. She says it does help though because she doesn't get it as bad as she did when she went without....

I think it works for some and not others....it also can make a difference if there's a different type going around then they thought...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I'm one of those germ freaks who washes everything a person with a cold touches.
see, i don't do that. i only wash my hands if i get something on them... so there're germs there all the time. i work in an elementary school, & have for about 6 years. prior to that i worked in an intermediate school...
anyway, i've still NEVER had the flu, & don't get a shot. i don't get colds very often, either.
allergies, now - got plenty of those!