Do you feed your cat/cats first?

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trying to figure out what people do more often. I feed and scoop as soon as I get up before anything else.

Just say if you feed your cats as soon as you get up in the morning, or if you feed them after you eat and or take a shower etc and why. 

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I make their breakfast as I am making mine.  I usually just have toast and maybe an egg so while I'm preparing my food I usually feed them their can food while I'm waiting for my toast. 

I have 2 cats and I only feed wet food.  So they split a 3 oz can as soon as I get up in the morning and right before I leave for work they split another 3 oz can.  T Later when I return from work they will split 2 more 3 oz cans.  Sometimes they'll get a bit less, sometime a bit more.  I guess it depends on how active they've been all day.  My little one lets me know when he wants more food. 

kellie roberts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats are fed first & boxes scooped or I would never hear the end of it from either of them

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes. For sure. We have a routine most mornings. Sophie wakes me up then the cats get breakfast. Then the dog gets walked and the boxes get scooped. Then I shower and get ready for work. The cats not being first in line is NOT acceptable or I am scolded loudly by Sophie.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to give foods and scoop the poo-poo and pee-pee before making my coffee.

Otherwise she will be singing "meow...meow...meow" all the morning

She gets what she wants, she's the big boss!

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give my cats food and water after I have showered.  They get fed while my breakfast is cooking. The litter boxes get scooped out in the evening.

ralphscats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed the outside cats, then feed my indoor cats. Then I eat breakfast. After I eat, then I scoop.

kelsiegato

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I happen to forget and sit to eat first, my three cats would let me know that it's not the ways things are done. I would have to get up and feed them, then go back to my eating. If I decide to skip a meal, they would let me know that they are not dieting. They have learned to tell time and would not let me go ten minutes past food time. They get a special treat at 10 p.m. every night. If I am looking at a movie upstairs, at 10 p.m. on the dot, here they come up the stairs. I have to put the movie on hold and give them their treat. What bossy pests they could be!!!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

If I happen to forget and sit to eat first, my three cats would let me know that it's not the ways things are done. I would have to get up and feed them, then go back to my eating. If I decide to skip a meal, they would let me know that they are not dieting. They have learned to tell time and would not let me go ten minutes past food time. They get a special treat at 10 p.m. every night. If I am looking at a movie upstairs, at 10 p.m. on the dot, here they come up the stairs. I have to put the movie on hold and give them their treat. What bossy pests they could be!!!!
Haha. Mine are the same way. There is no such thing as "later" when they want something. It is always NOW.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats and scoop boxes pretty much first thing in the morning. Sometimes the cat starts gnawing on me if I'm not up and feeding him when he thinks that I should be.

They eat all canned food. I often split it into 3 meals.

I scoop the boxes again before bed. Then I brush the cats' teeth and spray kitty dental spray in their mouths.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely have to feed my kitten first! Or else he will bug me so much that i cant eat anyways. Haha.

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hahah, yes, the cats eat first. I would probably get to sleep in a few more minutes but they start purring in my ear and kneading my head promptly at 6:30AM.

So I stumble into the kitchen, push "On" on the coffee pot, and get their breakfast heated up, before I stumble my way to the shower.

The litter gets scooped after work. I can't even imagine trying to fit one more thing into my morning.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I get up I do my babies diapers first, no one wants a wet bed. Then the Cats get fed while I fix my morning tea. They get their evening meal while I cook. If I dont do it that way they sit and look at me the whole time with those big eyes. Boxes are done while I clean after breakfast. 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't feed my cat first unless he seems insistent, because I heard that was a good way to teach them to act up at night. Generally, The cat gets fed before I go to work and before I lie down to sleep. However, if I'm making chicken or something, I've learned that if I want to be left alone to eat, to give Robin a few nibbles. It's just good manners, since I went hunting and brought home the good stuff.[emoji]128568[/emoji]

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
We free-feed dry primarily, and then they get the canned food at night. So, I get fed first, lol. Although I hear them eating all night so... maybe they eat first technically!

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yikes, I get up at 4:30 A.M to get ready for work, my routine: Get dressed, put on makeup, brush teeth. Feed cats and scoop litter boxes. Go

downstairs feed fish in 2 aquariums, feed the 2 parakeets. The dogs are in the garage in their kennels they get no food as I pull my car

out of the garage, just a wave and good bye....my hubby feeds them and lets them out when he gets up. Goodness, at 4:30 tending to

getting ready for work, packing a lunch, feeding cats fish and parakeets I am so glad hubby said he would tend to the dogs. 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Midi reminds me it is breakfast usually with a gentle double tap on the forehead at around 5:30. I go down and feed him, and go back up for a 1 hour snooze. I clean his litter box before I head out to work and when I get home.