Do you/did you have your children named already?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We won't be needing it, but I always thought if Pat and I had a girl, we'd name her Kathleen Grace (Katie for short)...after my mom and his. I've never had any definite feelings on boy names.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just started thinking seriously about this due to the fact that I plan on having children in the next few years.

Girls:

Anna Katherine Kai - Anna Katherine after my Mother's Grandmother and Kai is my cousin's Middle Name
Opal Beatrice Marie - Opal and Beatrice are my Grandmother's Middle Names and Marie is my Mother's Middle Name.

Boys:

Everett Samuel Deforest - Everett has no special meaning I just like it and my parent's would kill me if I named a child Estman which is a family name so I picked a name with the same first letter. Samuel is the name of three of my Great Grandfathers and Deforest is my Mother's Father's Middle Name
Gustav Dean Edward - Gustav again has no special meaning beyond me loving it, Dean is my Father's Middle Name, and Edward is my Father's Father's Middle Name.

And yes I have run these names by the guy who will be fathering my children and he likes them.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every just has to remember that the more names you give your kids the longer you are yelling out their full name when they are in trouble!! I like the name Brooke Lyn too. But we have a friend named Brooke so that is a no go. I like Haley, and Jennifer, and Kailee or Katelyn. Boys names I don't know about I am just sure I am going to have girls!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i selected 8
names, 1st & middle, when i was about 16. i am now 48 - am not going to have any children of my own, where i get to name them. so those names are going to go to waste!

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely want to name 2 girls (assuming I have them!
) after my grandmothers - Audrey and Sophie. I might end up doing Madeleine Sophie, after St. Madeleine Sophie Barat. Not sure about that one.

As for boys, I have my "short list" but nothing set in stone yet. John Paul (after JPII) ranks up there but I expect it will be white hot among Catholic families for at least the next few years so we'll have to see about that. A lot of my decision would probably ultimately depend on what is and isn't popular when I do have kids. No matter how much I like a name, I don't want my kid to have the same name as 6 other kids in his/her class!

There are some ethnic names I really like but that would depend on my (future) husband's name, if applicable. While I appreciate the unique American-ness of names of different ethnicities, I also don't want my kid's name to make people chuckle when they read it. To whit, I know a guy named Eamon Bobowski. My own last name is neutral enough that it doesn't pose those kinds of challenges, but I dated a guy with the last name Murphy for several years. Had we gotten married, that would have affected name choices a little. You can have a Katie Murphy easily, for instance - but Katja Murphy doesn't work quite as smoothly.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE names! I'm not sure if I actually want to have any children, but I would like naming them!

Girl names I like: Audrey, Amy, Eliza, Carolyn, Zoe, Claire, Ella, Fiona, Madeleine...I also like Waverly and Tabitha, but I think I'll save those for a cat...

Boys names I like: Aaron, Adrian, Joshua, Gavin, Scott, Cory, Liam, Sasha, Cole....

Too bad my best friend who will be my maid of honor has had really tempestuous relationships with an Adrian and a Cory and I had one with a Scott. Guess those are out....I also really like Ian and Andrew, which are my boyfriend and brother's names, respectively. And Graham, which is Ian's brother's name.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I LOVE names! I'm not sure if I actually want to have any children, but I would like naming them!
Haha!!! ITA. Naming them is fun, but I definitely can't see having children any time in the foreseeable future.

Naming cats works just fine as a substitute for me, for now. And at this point, all the cats I name end up eventually getting adopted by someone else.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my son it was pretty much planned, since I knew I was having a boy. We agreed on Austin and Wayne comes from my dad and brother(middle names) And my daughter, well that was kinda tough.....I knew I wanted Faith in her name but wasnt sure what to put with it. So it ended up being Kaedence Faith...and I swear I never heard that name and now its like a very popular name!

tarajason

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If Jason and I have a boy we are going to name him Brenden Scott...Jason loved the name Brenden and Scott because that's my dads name and him and I are very very close.

As far as a little girl goes...I really like the name Ava Anne, but I don't know what Jason thinks of it...So I'm kind of stuck on a girls name.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, Shawn and I picked out one boy's name and one girl's name a long time ago.

For the girl, Olivia Catherine Elizabeth. Olivia 'cause we like it, and Catherine after his mom and my sister, and Elizabeth after my mom.

For the boy, Saben Shawn Alexander. He used to work with a Saben and thought it was a really cool name. Shawn because it's tradition in his family that the firstborn son gets the father's first name as his middle name, and Alexander because we like the sound and it has a nice meaning (helper and protector of mankind). I also like the sound of "Saben Alexander Shawn," but our last name starts with S, and I don't think it's a good idea to have a baby's initials spell out SASS.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not planning on having any children, but my boy's name would Adam Joseph, I just like the name Adam and Joseph is my Dad's name, and for a girl Mary Virginia, Mary for my grandma and I just like Virginia and I have second names too- for a girl Sydney Elizabeth and boy Rhys (pronounced Reese)Michael

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like I may never have children at the rate I'm going but if I do, they will have unique names like mine. Especially if I have any with my current boyfriend as his name is very unusual as well. I would like to name my son Phoenix. I know, most people, including my BF, think its the most ridiculous name in the world for a human being, but I like it; and if I go through the pain of delivery, I get to name him whatever I want!! (I have my pouty face on and my arms crossed!!)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a few picked out though I know theyll never get used..

Girl

Anastatia Marie

Victoria Suelynn

Boy

Robert Arron

Nicholas Fraklin

kura

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about baby names since I was 18 for some reason, but since I've been with my boyfriend of 11 months I have quite a few name I would like to name it or them.

Girl: Morrigan Elizabeth
Serenity Elizabeth
Aeries Elizabeth
Evelyn Elizabeth
(Me and boyfriend have been told by his mum that if we have a girl we have to give her that as her middle name... At first a was abit... with the idea but now my Nan has passed away I'll do it in her honor)

Boy: Valentine Terrence
Dante Terrence
Ethan Terrence
(Me and my boyfriend have also been told that if we have a boy we have to give him that as his middle name… I hate that name and so does my boyfriend… Its his middle name)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny, sometimes I hear names in movies and I want THOSE names. For years I wanted a Kira (from Dark Crystal) or Ayla (from Clan of the Cave Bear).