Do You Color or Not - Ladies Only

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had stopped for two reasons. When my hair was past my shoulders it took 5-6 boxes. The salon was charging $75 which isn't bad considering it takes over an hour to do my hair. He joked saying he needed advance notice to prep physically for the challenge. I found dye on sale a few months ago and purchased 3 boxes. Since I have been cutting my own hair I am down to 1 1/2 boxes but still an hour to dye. My arms were killing me after from fatigue but worth the savings. I have one box left and hoping it goes on sale again soon. I love the color. I couldn't deal with the silver hair around my temples. I couldn't tell if it was dried gel or silver.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WHY DO THE WHITE HAIRS HAVE TO SQUIGGLE STRAIGHT UP??? I figured it was a losing game to keep pulling them out. I just colored my hair for the first time Saturday, at age 50. At least the squiggly ones aren't as noticible now.

Last week my dad told me I looked tired. I wasn't. I think the white hairs made me look that way, so now I look younger and awake.

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I started coloring my hair in college...I started going grey at 15 (thanks grandma's genes) and didn't like what my hair had turned into by the time I was 22. I just get it colored back as close as I can to what I would have without that genetic defect. My hair runs a bit on the oily side naturally so I don't have the drying problem--the two things just kind of cancel out. However, it is EXPENSIVE...the cheapest place I've found here is $45 if I don't get a cut...that wouldn't be a problem if I were working regularly, but when money's tight I end up pushing it out longer and it looks horrible. (I used to use box packs, but I miss spots when I try to put it on myself and don't have anyone here to put it on for me. They should invent some kind of hairbrushlike color mix application tool for people like me; I could brush it in all over.)

I need to get it done again soon because the roots are definitely showing and I hope I'll have interviews to look decent for before too much longer. But I feel bad about spending the money when money for everything is so tight.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dye my hair every month but I do it myself at home so it's not that expensive. I have to dye them quite often or I will look like I'm becoming bald, my natural color is blonde and I dye it black. I've been coloring my hair for 13 years, never in a hair salon.