Do You Bite Your Cat?

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, I know there are a lot of threads about cats biting, but i find it fun to play bite my cat. He's not a big shedder so I don't get a mouthful of fur or anything, and it's pretty fun. Am I just weird? :yummy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a small disclaimer:
He's a **very** mild mannered cat when it comes to humans. In all seriousness I wouldn't try this if I had a cat that would fight me back, like his twin sister, I value my face, lol!

I do understand that I have an un-characteristically laid back cat and was wondering whether someone else will have a similar experience. I nibble on him all the time and he doesn't retaliate or even show annoyance, I would back off if he did. To be honest I think he thinks it's a massage because humans don't have canines. :lol:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's weird. It just depends on the cat's temperment.

Felix gets upset easily and he was raised alone so whestling of any kind always turns into full out war. And if he doesn't win, he'll be mad for the rest of the day.

There is no such thing as play biting with him because he always takes it too far.

But to each their own I guess...

tom272

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I find it funny you bite your cat, here I thought i was the only one lol! Just play nibbles with a very easy going cat, and he seems to like it! Sometimes he'll be laying on my chest and i'll sniff twice and he just turns around and gives the cutest nibble on my nose, he's just the best, never anything more than a nibble for either of us though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I find it funny you bite your cat, here I thought i was the only one lol! Just play nibbles with a very easy going cat, and he seems to like it! Sometimes he'll be laying on my chest and i'll sniff twice and he just turns around and gives the cutest nibble on my nose, he's just the best, never anything more than a nibble for either of us though
yay! I'm not the only crazy one!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My late cat Willie adored me as much as I adored her, so sometimes when she'd lay on me, I'd bite her ears because I knew she wouldn't care. When I say bite though, I mean with my lips over my teeth, not my actual teeth. I know my cats now would not go for it, so I don't do it.

Catsnkiddos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Atticus is a biter- so my husband often scoops him up mouths/"bites" him and says"you got bit,boy"...which then results in a return nibble or a gentle swat from the Catticus. He will occasionally "bite" the other kitties too. They don't really bite back- they aren't biters in the first place.