Do you believe in ghosts?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do believe that strange things can show up on film (not sure about digital), but this particular thing looks to me like a snowglobe with a snowman in it. He has a blowing scarf around his neck and two black buttons on his tummy. Having said that, though, here's what happened to a fellow I worked with many years ago...

His new girlfriend took him with her to Thanksgiving dinner at her family's house in San Antonio. While there, my friend took a lot of photographs of the family, both candid and posed, indoors and out.

The following week, he came back to work after picking up the prints and sat down in my office to chat while he looked at them... but then he went silent. After a moment, he started shuffling intently through the pictures, and then he spread them out along the edge of my desk.

Finally, he showed me what he was seeing: most of the pictures were fine, but in every single shot of his new girlfriend's father, the man was blurred and slightly greyed-out. Even when he was pictured among other people, only his image was dimmed and blurred this way.

"I've seen this before," my friend said. He explained that whenever he had seen this kind of distortion in a picture he had taken, the person affected by it had died not too long afterward. He had first seen it in Christmas photos when he was 14 and had just been given a camera -- his mother's older sister had been dim and grey in the pictures, and she had died a few months later. And in college, party photos had shown the effect over two of his friends, even when they were standing far apart in the pictures. They had died together in a car wreck awhile later.

I knew this fellow very well, and I had no doubt that he was sincere in what he was telling me. We talked a little about whether he ought to warn his girlfriend's father -- but what could be done about it? No, he decided, there was no use in that.

The following Sunday, the girlfriend's father went to his (otherwise-empty) office to do some work, and didn't show up at home for dinner. When his wife couldn't reach him by phone, she called the police. The poor man was found sitting at his desk, shot through the heart. I don't think the murder was ever solved, but police speculated that he had met a business associate there.

rescue-mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I believe as i have had too many experiences not to....
Here are a few.

I was about 10 years old and was at my grandparents and just went to bed in the basement bedroom and the bed faced the dresser which had a huge mirror and you can clearly see the stairs leading to the basement,
I had just laid down and was still wide awake and i kinda glanced at the mirror and seen a hand coming down the rail,Thinking it was my grandmas i closed my eyes pretending to be asleep and shortly after i opened my eyes and nothing,So i went upstairs to ask her and everyone in the house was already in bed.

Next was a townhome i lived in(i was about 21) one night me and my bestfriend were sitting at my kitchen table playing cards and we both seen a shadow(a large human) going up my stairs.

Next was a place i was renting in a large community that had been hit by a tornado killing people,I was home alone besides my dog as my boyfriend worked out of town everynight my dog would stand in the hallway at 2am barking the first few times i never thought anything of it until i noticed the time pattern,So one night when he barked i got up and seen a shadow type thing in my hallway...happened almost everynight for about 1 year that we lived there.

I have had alot more experiences just to many to name.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely believe. When I was younger, we moved to a different house. I was in my room and heard a knock on the door. I said come in! But the knocking just came again. I got annoyed, got up, opened the door and no one was there! So I stomped downstairs and wanted to know how was messing around. Turns out, nobody had even gone upstairs. That was the first, and for some reason we started calling him Ralph. I eventually got married and moved away, and my family moved again. For some reason, Ralph went too, and he seems to be attached to my sister. She has even seen him, and friends who stay with her have had "encounters."

The other things after my mom passed away, not the first day afterward, the next day, my sis and I were sleeping in the room and when we woke up we were talking and all of a sudden her eyes got big and she said something was different, it was something that she absolutely knew had to have been mom's doing, it was a thing only the two of them knew about. Then I went downstairs and the first thing my aunt (mom's sister) said was you know what your mother did? She pushed me down! Then she helped me back up. My aunt is in her 80s, overweight, and not in great health. When she falls down, it takes her a long time to get back up again, even with help. This time she said first she could feel someone push her down (when she was walking past mom's chair), then help her back up again. When mom used to get annoyed with aunt (which was very often) she would say I wish I could push her down! Then the third thing was when my father came down. He couldn't sleep, so he was sitting in bed reading and he heard mom say "shut your eyes you d*mn fool and go to sleep!" Which he did. And that sounds exactly like what mom would say. We were all very happy she let us know that she was okay.

Also, I've heard too many stories from other people not to believe in them.