Do We Make Our Cats Crazy?!

madzoya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am worried changing Bruce's routine with the automatic feeder made him not want to eat his food.

That got me thinking... Do we make them crazy and picky with our constant worrying?!

I have friends who have healthy, strong cats they don't worry about constantly. They never complain of their eating habits, they never talk about their cats being lonely or depressed. Actually, I never heard them talking about playing with their cat for hours and they don't spend time in cat forums... And when we ask, they tell us they're just cats, behaving like cats.

And believe me, these are not neglected or unhappy cats. We go to their houses and they have their querks like all cats do, but they seem happy enough.

The difference is, they adapted to their owners, not the other way around.

I feel I worry to much and I'm turning Bruce into a spoiled prince. I also worry that he picks on all my worrying and is disturbed by it.

My best friend, which is a Vet and a cat owner says, if he eats, sleeps, poops, pees and plays he's fine!

Why can't I just be more relaxed?! Maybe I'd have a more relaxed cat...

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry I'm the same. If gracie doesn't have a daily number 2 I say to hubby im worried. I'm always checking she is happy and worried if she's bored. I even got hubby to build her a bird table outside of the window she sits at! My friend laughs and says cats live at that moment and don't sit at the window and think : 'gosh yesterday was better that today as I saw a bird.' Some people are laid back and I wish I was. Other people at work let their cats out during the day (which is normal in the UK) however I dont and worry if I can't see her in the flat . She IS a very spoilt princess however and does act like one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

madzoya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've set up a birdfeeder in "Bruce's window". Just my luck, birds will not go there...

I too worry he is bored because he's alone all day. And overcompensate when I get home from work...

He is spoiled rotten.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of sources say, "pet a cat; it will relax you." Maybe you simply need more cats.

;)

ihave4cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everyone worries about their cats/pets, it´s normal, especially when the cats get older. If i want to check my cat for anything, i play with it while checking and she just has fun. I never heard and doubt a cat can pick up that you are worrying about it, though.