Do The Royal Canin Pouches Sold In The Uk Contain Taurine?

Amryta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

My 3 year old female cat has been almost exclusively on a Royal Canin intense beauty (pouch diet) for about a year that I've had her.

The toppings keep changing, eg Sheba / Orijen treats, but the base has always been Royal Canin intense beauty pouch.

Now the problem is, I can't seem to find taurine listed in the ingredients list on the pouch. Could someone please confirm if Taurine is added to Royal Canin pouches?

Thanks in advance.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
According to this and this it's in there. Taurine occurs naturally in muscle meats and organs like heart and liver, so whether a food has added taurine, which would normally be listed on the label, depends on its ingredients.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
According to Zooplus is states that it contains 500mg per 1 kg of taurine. If you go onto Zooplus site and put in name of product, it is under composition

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amryta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am looking at the pouch, which doesn't list Taurine as an additive. If its present, why haven't they listed it? Worried...

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok. Just double checked zooplus. It is listed as contained in gravy pouches but not in jelly pouches. No idea why.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It has to be listed if it's added in order for the food to be "complete" rather than "complementary". If there's enough naturally occurring taurine, it doesn't have to be added, so it's not on the label.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has to be listed if it's added in order for the food to be "complete" rather than "complementary". If there's enough naturally occurring taurine, it doesn't have to be added, so it's not on the label.
That answers something I've been wondering about. Why a food is called complete if a needed ingredient isn't listed. Thank you.