Do premium cat kibble have the available vitamins B complexes?

Kasper111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do premium cat kibble really have vitamin B? To make kibble they cooked the ingredients then extrude it in high heat, which ofcourse kills the heat labile vitamin B complexes. Also they mostly use poultry-by-products which is low in quality than the ones we get from butchery shop. Transporting and storing in wherehouse (either in retail shop or wholesale) will ofcourse degrade the Vitamins b as it is heat and light soluble.

In the end will the premium cat kibble have enough vitamin B? I emailed some of them but some refused to answer while other said "our foot is complete and balanced". They then sent me the food's additional nutrition data (again, without the B complexes content) which they didn't displayed in the packaging. But i dont know whether the data is after they cooked the food then lab-analysed them, or just calculating it from the raw ingredients, like normally a raw Chicken liver contained 1.78 of riboflavin per 100. The pet food im talking about are the ones which they didn't add vitamin supplements to their ingredients. Im aware that different country have different ingredients. But i dont know the ones that's sent to UAE is produced from which country. It didn't showed on the packaging

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I really don't think anyone can truly know the answer to your question unless they are a scientist with a test lab. All I can tell you is that many cats end up needing Vitamin B12 injections at some point in their lifetime.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do premium cat kibble really have vitamin B? To make kibble they cooked the ingredients then extrude it in high heat, which ofcourse kills the heat labile vitamin B complexes. Also they mostly use poultry-by-products which is low in quality than the ones we get from butchery shop. Transporting and storing in wherehouse (either in retail shop or wholesale) will ofcourse degrade the Vitamins b as it is heat and light soluble.

In the end will the premium cat kibble have enough vitamin B? I emailed some of them but some refused to answer while other said "our foot is complete and balanced". They then sent me the food's additional nutrition data (again, without the B complexes content) which they didn't displayed in the packaging. But i dont know whether the data is after they cooked the food then lab-analysed them, or just calculating it from the raw ingredients, like normally a raw Chicken liver contained 1.78 of riboflavin per 100. The pet food im talking about are the ones which they didn't add vitamin supplements to their ingredients. Im aware that different country have different ingredients. But i dont know the ones that's sent to UAE is produced from which country. It didn't showed on the packaging
I know a lot of cat (and dog) owners who (assuming their cats and dogs don't have sensitive stomachs) rotate brands and varieties for this reason. The thought is that brand A might be *slightly* low in something, and brand B might be *slightly* high in something, etc., so by rotating through 2 or 3 brands/varieties over the course of a few months those tiny deficiencies might be filled, if any.
It's been my assumption that any foods that are extruded or cooked at high heats have synthetic vitamins added back in to make up for the vitamins lost in the cooking, making them nutritionally complete.
Chicken or beef liver is very high in a lot of vitamins and nutrients. My cats love it. But if you choose to feed liver, only feed a tiny bit as too much over time can cause Vitamin A toxicity.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kasper111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a regulating organization in UAE that parallels to the USA AAFCO? Any AAFCO approved food has the required minimum amount of essential vitamins and nutrients to meet the 'complete and balanced' criteria, which includes B vitamins. .
Anything in these web sites that might help?
Pet Food Registration in UAE: Meeting Standards for Happy and Healthy Pets (theinfiniteservice.com)
New laws for animal feed and pet food in the pipeline | Health – Gulf News
Hey thank you for the sites! I didn't know there is in UAE. thank you!