Do Kittens Enjoy Cat Tunnels

catlover4ever1423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

We recently took in a kitten we found in our neighborhood , shes realy an outdoor cat. Were trying to keep her occupied in a safe manner. Question is, do cat tunnels do the job? and what kind/brand would you recommend,

Thanks!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought 2 very cheap ones (£1 each). I wanted to see if they would be used without spending money on an expensive one. My cats love them, run through or hide in them.
I joined the two together and this is what happened.
20180305_162604.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover4ever1423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought 2 very cheap ones (£1 each). I wanted to see if they would be used without spending money on an expensive one. My cats love them, run through or hide in them.
I joined the two together and this is what happened.
View attachment 221988
Ok! Looks like fun. Any recommendations on brand or size etc?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine are 25cm diam. Amazon have lots to choose from that look as if a kitten would enjoy playing in. Later you could always buy another and join then together. Hopefully other members will respond with their experiences and recommendations.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try to find a bigger one. The one I bought on Amazon was too small for a full grown cat. Here's a link to it, it might be okay for a kitten, but too small for my cats:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover4ever1423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the help! a friend recommended this item it had the cat tunnel and another new toy! ill keep you posted, lets hope she likes it!

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a kitten that would slide through cat tunnels just cause. If it was on the way to where he was headed he would make a little detour to slide through. He absolutely loved it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Some of our cats loved a tunnel and others were oblivious. I'm sure you could make the tunnel more attractive by putting treats or a toy the cat prefers in the tunnel. Since you brought an outdoor cat inside you may be interested in this article, please note #4: The Five Golden Rules To Bringing An Outdoor Cat Inside

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My good friend's kitten LOVED her tunnel. My 2 were a little older and never really got into it. I think a bigger size might have helped. Or getting one when they were younger.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We brought home a cat tunnel after adopting our last cat since she loved the one they had at the cat shelter. We now have two different ones. They are both long Jackson Galaxy ones. All our cats use them every single day even now when they are all grown up (Carrot 5 years, Angua & Ruby 3 years).

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember that some tunnels cannot be washed in the washer, like thePetlinks Twinkle Chute tunnel... :nono:

my favorite tunnel is one that I've had a long time, and my latest cat loves it as well, even though it's a hand-me-down from my previous kitty
:rbheart:

You can wash it: :)
Pet Supply Imports - Kitty Play Tunnel