Do I really need to separate my cats for 24 hours after flea medication?

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just treated my cats for fleas for the first time. I used ZoGuard plus (the off brand version of Frontline plus). I applied it to all three of my cats at 3:00pm, and it is now 9:30pm. So it has been 6 1/2 hours. They haven’t had any reactions and are acting normally. There is a small greasy spot on their necks though. On the packaging of the flea medication it says to separate pets for 24 hours after applying it. I have kept 2 cats in one room and one cat in another, and the two cats that are in the same room haven’t tried to groom each other. Should I keep them separate for the full 24 hours, or is it fine to let them be together overnight?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not familiar with that particular medication. I would say that if there is any risk involved, it’s always safest to follow instructions with medications. Some of these chemicals are very strong and it’s a matter of one day. Better safe than sorry? You could call the manufacturers tomorrow to learn all the risk they refer to. The flea meds I use stink and these kitties have not groomed each other but I can certainly see that it could happen.