do cats like heated beds?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone who owns a cat should have a heated cat bed! They absolutely love them, and where ever I place it, THAT is where they will be. Older cats especially love them, my almost 16 year old stays in his much of the time in the winter. They only use as much electricity as a small light bulb, and if you get the pad it has a removable cover you can wash. The heating element can be removed and placed in other beds or wrapped in towels to place in a hut or house, and they have outdoor pads that are more heavy duty I get for my outside cats. I get mine on Amazon and watch my local Orschelns and farm stores for sales,  This is one thing I HIGHLY recommend, your cats will love you forever for getting them one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ive had the heated cat bed for 4 years. my cats rarely use it. XD sometimes when its winter and especially cold (here in miami, thats rare.) they use it. even then, last winter they didnt use it.

i think she likes it, but prefers to be on her cat tree. i have to find a way to put a warm bed on her tree. but the cables will make it look off. 

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like my cat is one of the few out there who will not sleep in a heated bed.

I take that back, she slept in hers ONCE for maybe half an hour and yet she contorts and balances herself precariously between her tree and the radiator vent every day during the damp, Pacific Northwest winter...*sigh*[emoji]128580[/emoji]

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

look around amazon, there are many inexpensive ones.

That is the brand I bought:  .  We first had the 16" and now the 20".  

Noodles used to have a deep round bed like this that she liked.  I had a hard time finding a replacement for it till I found the heated bed.  I think the style of bed makes a difference for what she likes.  When the girls were kittens they had a flat bed they shared in a big crate.  But even now she will sleep in her box with a blanket instead of flat in the open.  

Out of curiosity; what style bed did you buy @terestrife  & @HelloMissKitty?

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the brand I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00403MXBC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .  We first had the 16" and now the 20".  

Noodles used to have a deep round bed like this that she liked.  I had a hard time finding a replacement for it till I found the heated bed.  I think the style of bed makes a difference for what she likes.  When the girls were kittens they had a flat bed they shared in a big crate.  But even now she will sleep in her box with a blanket instead of flat in the open.  

Out of curiosity; what style bed did you buy @terestrife
 & @HelloMissKitty
?
I bought the exact same one you did! I'm going to give it another try this winter in case it was the "new" smell that was offensive. It now smells like home so maybe it will be deemed acceptable (I'm not holding my breath though). If it's not used, I'll donate it to the humane society or something.

rickr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a beautiful bed.  I hope she likes it; certainly looks like she is enjoying it.  We live in Louisiana where the winters are generally mild.  Archie and Lucy each have a heated bed.  They both love theirs, especially during the winter months.  Though sometimes I'll find one of the cats curled up in one during the summer months.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks nice and cozy.  Mooch has been using her bed a lot; but I won't plug it in until the weather gets cold.  I'm not sure if my 2 would like the hooded top.  With kids around I think they appreciate being able to get up and move in any direction.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's a beautiful bed.  I hope she likes it; certainly looks like she is enjoying it.  We live in Louisiana where the winters are generally mild.  Archie and Lucy each have a heated bed.  They both love theirs, especially during the winter months.  Though sometimes I'll find one of the cats curled up in one during the summer months.
she uses is mostly during winter. lol i live in miami, so we only have a few truly "cold" days during winter. but she loves it on those days.

That looks nice and cozy.  Mooch has been using her bed a lot; but I won't plug it in until the weather gets cold.  I'm not sure if my 2 would like the hooded top.  With kids around I think they appreciate being able to get up and move in any direction.
The hood is removable =)