Diluted Tabby?

slightlyperfect

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Perhaps you could help me identity the markings on my cat.

I had to put her down last year and am looking to adopt a cat with similar (if not exact) markings. I'm having a difficult time, partly because I don't know what terms to search for.

She was a stray, always stayed small (~8 pounds), and had a very mild disposition. Her fur was mostly white but tipped, like darker at the tip. She was lighter as a kitten and darkened as she aged. Colors included gray, white, black, and some red. Lined eyes. (I name her Isis.)

I did find a cat very similar that was marked "Egyptian Mau," but I think that might have been a mistake on the shelter's part. Then again, maybe that's partly why I named her Isis.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

slightlyperfect

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, I think I should mention that the pads on her feet were a mix of black and pink. Not sure whether that means anything.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We can be sure the cat in the shelter wasnt no egyptian mau, unless it was in egypt... But yeah, the color, silvery tabby, may be alike on the first pic.

Sorry, I dont remember at this moment, what is the name on such a coat.

but looking at the face pic, with visible reddish spot, I think she was really a tortie - ie torbie, tortie + tabby.   And yeah, diluted too.

This could also explain why her sole was black and pink.  She carried both.

Torties are renown for their tortitude, she seemed although to be more pleasant personage.