Dilute Tortie/torbie/calico ?

scotty51

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Adopted this wonderful 6 year old girl last month. She was very, very shy and quiet but has finally come out of her shell and is a very affectionate and extremely playful. She didn't make a noise the first 2 weeks I had her but has became rather chatty. I've had several Siamese and the blue eyes and her personality has me wondering if she is part Siamese.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a pretty kitty! I would call her a dilute tortie in coloring. I don’t think she has Siamese influence- they are colorpointed cats, meaning that they are born white and then develop colors on their face, tail, legs, feet, and ears. You could call her breed Domestic Shorthair. :)

taylamo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
EAAEF4A6-BC3F-41CD-BFF6-D424B14B26C3.jpeg
E87DE387-3FFC-4966-8832-A832C2C09115.jpeg

I actually think she is a pointed cat. She reminds me of my Lila, who is a tortie point. Or your girl might be a Lynx point also because I see an M on her head. You wouldn’t know what she looked like as a kitten if you adopted her at age 6. We adopted Lila at 10 weeks and she was very light, with a dark tail and ears, and now at age 3 she has darkened considerably. Here are some recent pics.

You have a lovely and unique cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scotty51

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the replies and what a stunning cat taylamo !
The M on her head had me puzzled, I did an image search for lynx point and the head and tail look very similar. She's turned out to be a great cat. I lost my 17 year old cat last month and got her a week later. Owner had health issues and turned her into the humane society.

She was hard to adopt out due to needing a kid and animal free, quiet home. Amazing the transformation from spending the first week hiding in a box to 6 weeks later confident and getting into everything.

taylamo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
DD2EB1C0-BE5D-4015-B7D2-3A890AD34F27.jpeg
So, I just learned she may be both...a tortie lynx point domestic shorthair. If you look at Google images you’ll see some cats with very similar coloring. The tortie influence means she’ll have cream or orange on her and I see some on the back of her ear. Lila’s ears look black from the front, but they are speckled with cream on the back. The stripe on her nose is cream-colored, too.

Are your kitty’s feet all white? Now that has me stumped. Could be another blue-eyed breed’s influence in there somewhere, like Snowshoe or Birman??(I’m no cat breed expert, I just like learning about color points showing up in non-pedigreed litters.)

I tried to attach a baby pic of Lila earlier but failed. I’ll try again. It always surprises me to look back and see how much her coat darkened. It was rapid, too. She was probably this dark by 8 or 9 months or so.

Anyway, enjoy your sweet new friend! I’m glad you found each other!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes she is a point and tabby. Question is if she is a tortie. Prob is - torbies. Are often difficult to analyse. Tabby points do often darken up. Also she perhaps was much outside in cold? Anyways the blue eyes betray her being a point. :). But how long back her siamese ancestors are, we cant know. It may be 50 generations back.

Very nice story! Really exemplary
Proceedings!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scotty51

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pictures of her feet/legs, sorry for the bad quality as they are screen grabs from video.