Digestive issues helpppp

Dlled92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! I have a 7 month old bengal, and since ive gotten him, his bowel movements havent been the best. Lol. Ive tried instinct raw boost.. merrick, and now i have a vet diet which also isnt working anymore.any advice or suggestions? Thank you!!

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Bengals are beautiful cats. What is your kitten's name?

What kind of poop problem are we talking about? That determines what he needs to eat and if/when to schedule a vet appointment.

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you have proof that the kitten was wormed, and have you had your vet test a fecal sample? Food changes take time too, so give it a good month if possible. You may want to discuss a probiotic like FortiFlora with your veterinarian as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dlled92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Bengals are beautiful cats. What is your kitten's name?

What kind of poop problem are we talking about? That determines what he needs to eat and if/when to schedule a vet appointment.
His name is opie 😋 so its just loose towards the end. It starts out looking promising, and then it sort of turns to mush.

Dlled92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have proof that the kitten was wormed, and have you had your vet test a fecal sample? Food changes take time too, so give it a good month if possible. You may want to discuss a probiotic like FortiFlora with your veterinarian as well.
Thank you for the reply! Yes she gave me proof of deworming, and ive done 3 fecal samples now, and they all came back negative for parasites. And the vet also gave me fortiflora! Which ive seen a little difference but not much. I just feel so bad for him sometimes lol.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
There could be an ingredient that doesn't agree with him. Fish is a high allergin if he is getting that. One of my cats cannot eat raw. Is he fed wet,dry,or both? Fortiflora caused my old cat to have diarrhea so it doesn't work for everyone!

Dlled92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There could be an ingredient that doesn't agree with him. Fish is a high allergin if he is getting that. One of my cats cannot eat raw. Is he fed wet,dry,or both?
I think both his wet and dry are chicken. I was hoping it would get better when i took him off raw but it didn't☹

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish they could speak sometimes. I've gone through major digestive problems with two of my cats over the years. The best advice I was given was to do one thing at a time and give it time to work, and to keep a journal of what's going on. The elder cat, my beautiful May who against all odds made it to seventeen, was helped by a probiotic and a bland diet. The younger cat has EPI, IBD and SID and is a going concern, but his digestion is remarkably good. You'll get there!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
One other thing that can cause diarrhea is quickly switching one food to another. I admit,2 of my cats have no trouble one does.

Dlled92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wish they could speak sometimes. I've gone through major digestive problems with two of my cats over the years. The best advice I was given was to do one thing at a time and give it time to work, and to keep a journal of what's going on. The elder cat, my beautiful May who against all odds made it to seventeen, was helped by a probiotic and a bland diet. The younger cat has EPI, IBD and SID and is a going concern, but his digestion is remarkably good. You'll get there!
Omg 17!? That is amazing! Its just so overwhelming sometimes, theres so many different foods out there. Just when i think its getting better, we go backwards lol. Thank you so so much!

Dlled92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One other thing that can cause diarrhea is quickly switching one food to another. I admit,2 of my cats have no trouble one does.
Hes been on this vet diet for about a month now. Maybe i just need to give it more time. 😊

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg 17!? That is amazing! Its just so overwhelming sometimes, theres so many different foods out there. Just when i think its getting better, we go backwards lol. Thank you so so much!
I hear you. I've cleaned up so much diarrhea I probably qualify as a gong farmer. Definitely write things down, because its so helpful to be able to look back.

Dlled92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hear you. I've cleaned up so much diarrhea I probably qualify as a gong farmer. Definitely write things down, because its so helpful to be able to look back.
Oh noo!! Lol im definitely going to start doing that! Thank you for that idea! He can't even use the litter box in peace because im always there checking to see lol. 🤦🏼‍♀️

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hes been on this vet diet for about a month now. Maybe i just need to give it more time. 😊
I am hoping the slippery elm will help. I did a slow transition after getting off her prescription food. It's been 2 weeks+ she still has diarrhea. Vet appt tomorrow

Dlled92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am hoping the slippery elm will help. I did a slow transition after getting off her prescription food. It's been 2 weeks+ she still has diarrhea. Vet appt tomorrow
Can i ask what your feeding her now? Im debating on switching to purina.. or royal canin. But i dont wanna keep switching around. Good luck on the vet appt! 🤞🤞

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
His name is Opie. So it's just loose towards the end. It starts out looking promising, and then it sort of turns to mush.
I would do a food allergy test that does not involve veterinary prescription diets. Since Opie likes Nature's Variety Instinct you can try its LID, which is better than what many other companies incorrectly call "limited ingredient" cat food.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think both his wet and dry are chicken. I was hoping it would get better when i took him off raw but it didn't.
Dry food is never good for cats with allergies and chicken is a common allergen. Try wet turkey, duck, or rabbit.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can i ask what your feeding her now? I'm debating on switching to Purina or Royal Canin. But i dont wanna keep switching around. Good luck on the vet appointment! 🤞🤞
Purina and Royal Canin are two of the worst pet food brands for any cat.

Dlled92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would do a food allergy test that does not involve veterinary prescription diets. Since Opie likes Nature's Variety Instinct you can try its LID, which is better than what many other companies incorrectly call "limited ingredient" cat food.
Ok ill definitely have to try that. Should i stay with the raw as well? And grain free? Thank you so much