Digestive Care or Hairball Control??

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Granted I have never had a long-haired cat but I don't really understand the point of "hairball" foods, especially kibbles. Products like malt paste should work better logically -- it has more moisture and the things they add to hairball foods also exist in these pastes.

I would go with the food for sensitive digestion both for wet and dry - you will probably need to try different foods and brands to find what works for your cat. And leave the hairball to a good malt paste.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck, wish I could help.

But, I use dry RC SO (and Hill's C/D) for Feeby to ensure that she doesn't have a recurrence of bladder stones as she did ten years ago - it required surgery to remove them. Since that time (about 3 years ago) I added some of the same brands of wet food - but can happily report she has been stone free ever since the surgery even when she has been mostly on the dry food for that time. So, while RC may not work for you for what you are specifically trying to accomplish, not all RC foods are bad.
Do u think RC DIGEST SENSITIVE WET SLICES IN GRAVY IS GOOD FOR KEEPING A CAT REGULAR WITH BM???

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do u think RC DIGEST SENSITIVE WET SLICES IN GRAVY IS GOOD FOR KEEPING A CAT REGULAR WITH BM???
I have no way of knowing that. I can only speak to the effectiveness - at least for Feeby - of the RC SO and Hill's C/D. You can always try it and see what kinds of results you get. If none, then you try something else. You also need to chart all of the ingredients in his "current" food as well as any you try - the ingredients might identify some possible reasons for his irregular BMs.

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Laxatone ? It's a gel that help releasing hairballs (and constipation as well)

My cat loves it

KittyWittiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Once I changed my kitty's foods and added a digestive supplement, he was finally free from vomiting hairballs and having diarrhea/soft stools, and has continued for over four months now. I started thinking of it as more of an inflammatory issue causing the hairballs rather than the other way around, kind of like how some people get GI distress from coffee, tomato sauce, chocolate, etc. I pretty much removed all legumes (beans, peas, lentils), all gums (guar, xanthan, carageenan), and prebiotics such as fructooligosaccharides or FOS, inulin, chicory, yucca schidigera. The herbal digestive supplement I used and still use is by The Honest Kitchen. Hope this helps.