Different Pellets (non-absorbing) For Breeze?

aurezalia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried searching this but wasn't having much luck with what exactly I was looking for!

I switched my cat to a Breeze litter box about a month and a half ago, and I LOVE it. He adjusted very quickly (he's never been picky about his box), and it's been amazing. He has some health problems that causes him to pee a LOT (volume-wise, not frequency) and the Breeze has been a game changer. The scooping litter was a constant battle to keep up with because the amount of urine, and it never didn't smell terrible. Breeze's pads holding the urine: genius. No smell. Cut down the scooping I have to do about 12 times over!

Anyway, I decided to experiment with the set up a bit. Going with what I'd seen others online recommend time and time again, I ordered both some airsoft pellets and some feline pine to mix with the actual Breeze pellets that came with the box. My dude likes a lot of litter in his box, so he was quite the happy camper with the additions.
However, I was NOT. The airsoft pellets are okay. They're light enough that they kind of "hop" out of the box and travel much further than any pellets, but that's a low-level annoyance compared to...
The pine pellets. Oh my god. I didn't make the connection that obviously I don't want any sort of absorbent litter. Things went bad very quickly. HUGE amounts of wet sawdust all over the box. Clogged up the vents underneath and couldn't get through it with vigorous stirring. It got nasty very very quickly, and I just ended up spending an hour painstakingly hosing the sawdust out of the box, unclogging it, hosing out more, over and over again... Never.again.

So, I'm looking for something like the genuine Breeze pellets, but... not. I don't have complaints really about how they function, except he also tends towards looser stools and I imagine we're going to go through pellets pretty quickly. I liked the idea of something biodegradable... and also not as expensive. =/ Am I stuck with these, or does anyone have any other inventive ideas about what else I could use?

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had a cat that peed a lot due to health issues I would put out two large boxes. The breeze box is tiny and I would imagine that non clumping litter would be a chore to dump constantly with all that pee. I would try to find a good clumping litter and use the 2 boxes to hopefully separate the urine amount between the two. A good clumping biodegradable litter is Smart Cat.

The other thing is, if your cat is peeing a lot due to health problems you will want to monitor the amount of pee. That’s another reason I would definitely use clumping litter, that way I could keep an eye on the clump size.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aurezalia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm definitely not switching back to another box, nor do I have a place to put another one. I monitor how fast the pad fills up and it's working well. It's actually really accurate because we can measure the pad weight when needed. I'm just looking for a pellet replacement. ;)

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Blue buffalo makes a walnut pellet. They work very well, and are pretty inexpensive. They absorb a bit, but not like pine ones do. I highly recommend them. Just replace them every month or so (maybe a bit more with your cat and his issues.), much as you would litter breeze branded ones.

Also, you may want to know that you can also save money with generic replacement pads. The better ones generally hold as much urine, but start to smell a couple days sooner than the official ones. you probably change your out enough that you'd never notice the difference (except that generics cost like half as much or less)

Mikey cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you look for a solution on the Internet, then there are many versions. But the truth is that there are only a few brands on this planet that are designed specifically for such litter boxes. Everything else is a bad alternative and that does not fulfill its function fully

There are three brands of Tidy cats Breeze cat litter pellets alternative:

Uropean union and United kingdom

1- ZeoDeo by Emako - Natural Zeolite cat litter pellets for dual layer cat litter systems. www.zeodeo.store

AU

2- Ezi locked odor-Natural zeolite cat litter pellets Ezi-LockOdour Dual Layer Cat Litter System | Superior Odour Control

USA

3- Breeze by Purina - Natural zeolite cat litter pellets Tidy Cats® BREEZE® Cat Litter Box Systems | Purina

Regards

Attachments

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is great info, because I'm thinking of switching my guys over!