Different Collar For Medium Haired Cat?

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two kittens, both male and both six months old.

They both are quite fluffy still but one is definitely short hair but I wouldn't know how to describe the others' fur.

It's not long but it definitely isn't short and I wouldn't even say it's medium? It's sort of in between short and medium but he seems to have real issues with collars. I don't know if it's just because he's grumpy or if it's because his hairs long.

Would their be collars more comfortable for fluffier cats?

I'm attaching a picture, he doesn't look that fluffy but his fur is surprisingly long. It's seen best on his stomach.

IMG_0829.JPG

prairiepanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some cats just really don't like collars, but the common nylon collars tend to be the worst. Your kitty might prefer something with a smoother texture, like leather, or one with a soft inner lining. I had a cat who would only wear soft-lined collars. I usually just microchip my cats, though, unless they're prone to running away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some cats just really don't like collars, but the common nylon collars tend to be the worst. Your kitty might prefer something with a smoother texture, like leather, or one with a soft inner lining. I had a cat who would only wear soft-lined collars. I usually just microchip my cats, though, unless they're prone to running away.
They are microchipped but there aren't many cats in my area and so people tend to pick up cats without collars on and take them to check for a microchip is they haven't seen them before. If they have a tag with the post code on then people won't have to.

I'll look into soft lined ones. I think I saw some that were made of a velvety type fabric.

Lestercastro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In Today’s market place numerous types of pet security products are available including Microchip, GPS Tracker and PET ID TAGS to keep your pet safe. So, you have done a great job for your cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashouldnt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In Today’s market place numerous types of pet security products are available including Microchip, GPS Tracker and PET ID TAGS to keep your pet safe. So, you have done a great job for your cat!
Thanks, I’ve actually looked into GPS collars but they’re quite a bit of money and I feel like id just spend all day watching where they go

Lestercastro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, I’ve actually looked into GPS collars but they’re quite a bit of money and I feel like id just spend all day watching where they go

You said that you want only watch where your dog goes all over the day. For that, GPS tracker is the best way to track. But if in case, your dog gets lost somewhere and GPS is not working, then the pet id tag is also helpful for them.