Difference Between Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis Versus Feline Herpes Virus?

Pipens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is the difference between Feline Viral Phinotracheitis versus Feline Herpes virus?

My kitty Piper, has been stuffy and sniffly for the last 2 years. We've been to the vet numerous times. I've had her on Lysine (Enysil gel), Respo and Sinu Rite pills, Immune Strengthener and probiotics. Nothing is working. I feel so bad for her because she is so congested. She basically is breathing through only one nostril but thank God she is a good eater and still plays.
She's been on antiobiotics in the past and I don't want to give her any more cause it weakens the immune systems. (Veriflox, Clavamox).

I went to a Naturopath vet for personal issues and we got to talking about our cats. He suggested Lauricidin and also Collodial Silver. Have anyone had success with this?

Also I'd like to here from people who have used the Polyprenyl Immostimmulant - Polyprenyl Immunostimulant - VetImmune recently and see if it has helped their cats with FHV/Rhino. Any side effects?

I'm thinking of stopping all the Lysine, Repo and Immune Strengthener and putting her on the Polyprenyl and Lactoferrin (which I've researched on this site).

Thanks!
P.

bluepine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty has feline herpes. For her first 6 months I sprinkled Lysine and collidail silver on her homemade raw food. Both in hopes of building her immune system to fight.No real improvement. I know how helpess you feel cus I was there ! I poured over the internet (found this site) But nothing really new to help. Then one day while on "Rawfeedingfor Ibdcats.org" I found a study that was done in England back in 2012. The short story is they mixed 250m Lactoferrin with Lysine. Dosed 2x daily and 80% of the cats in the study saw improvement. I printed it out. Wish I had it so i could better direct you to it. Type in feline Herpers and see what comes up. I used Jarrow Lactoferrin 250 m , Now Lysine. Mixed with the CS I dosed via eye dropper (in the mouth) 3x daily to start then back to 2xday. Maggie was so much better by the third day. Red and swelling almost gone. Goopy,watery eye and sneezes easing until the end of the wk they too were gone. I still give her a daily dose mixed with echinacea or olive leaf to keep the immune system strong. Maggie does well on the Lactoferrin. Some kittys don't. So start slow and work up. Sure hope this helps you .