Did You Say Treat Time?

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
what a beautiful cat, i love his markings its like a mask in reverse. I also love it how he has a black mark on his right paw which looks like a bracelet .

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, that looks familar.

Cant seem to understand:

Get off the counter
Dont wreck my shirt
No
Time to come in
Dont stare at our guests
Dont kill that (insert animal bird name here)
Dont attack (insert neighbours dogs name here)
Dont eat that (insert plant or object name here)
Dont lay, walk on the key board
Dont block the tv, computer, tablet, phone screen
And more....

But they DO understand " treat time"!

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unless it is "treat time" in our house, you can't say the word "treat." We spell it out. I'm sure at some point they will figure out what t-r-e-a-t means. :rolleyes:

Our cats also know the word "porch." They often sit by the porch door wanting to go out. :please: With the summer heat and A/C on, I'm not going to just leave the porch door open. The door is mostly glass so there's no space to install a cat door.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless it is "treat time" in our house, you can't say the word "treat." We spell it out. I'm sure at some point they will figure out what t-r-e-a-t means. :rolleyes:

Our cats also know the word "porch." They often sit by the porch door wanting to go out. :please: With the summer heat and A/C on, I'm not going to just leave the porch door open. The door is mostly glass so there's no space to install a cat door.

We dont say "TREATS" either unless me are giving them out. Otherwise we spell ......t r e a t s.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sombra only gets treats after having behaved during brushing time. She knows it and when brushing is over she runs to the kitchen and sits by the cabinet where the treats are kept miauling loudly claiming her reward. She doesn't know the word "treat"
She does know a few expressions in the 3 different languages I speak (Spanish, French and English) fortunately "no" is the same in the three languages or almost since in French it is "non" but it sounds the same to her.

She has her own sign language to let me know what she wants. Sometimes accompanied by her miaouling but not always. She will, for instance, run fast when I come into the livingroom and hide partially adopting a hunting attitude if she wants to play. If I don't take notice she will run up to me an hit me softly on my legs with her front paws. And so on. We understand eachother's language quite well..........well, most of the time.