Did you know this about your arms?

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Inspired by the "do you know this about your foot" thread....if you extend your arms outward, like my sad looking little stick guy, and measure the distance from the tip of your middle finger to the tip of your other middle finger (ok, have someone else measure it...), it will be approximately equal your height.

.............O
.........___!___
..............!
..............!
............_!!_

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

Inspired by the "do you know this about your foot" thread....if you extend your arms outward, like my sad looking little stick guy, and measure the distance from the tip of your middle finger to the tip of your other middle finger (ok, have someone else measure it...), it will be approximately equal your height.

.............O
.........___!___
..............!
..............!
............_!!_
You're right! That was going to be the one I was to post tomorrow! You saved me the trouble, thanks.

BTW: I like you stick man figure!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An easier way to do this...use a door frame to stretch out your arms, one with fingers a the floor. Keep the top fingers where they are and stand up.
No rulers involved!

My father and sister both have arm-spans that are a few inches longer than they are tall. Mom and I didn't. It's a genetic thing. We used to call them "gorilla arms".

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

My father and sister both have arm-spans that are a few inches longer than they are tall. Mom and I didn't. It's a genetic thing. We used to call them "gorilla arms".

Great visual on that one!

eddysgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi as soon as someone is here to hold the tape measure for me i^ll try that! my cat Eddy keeps playing with the tape instead of holding it properly!!
lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EDDYSGIRL

Hi as soon as someone is here to hold the tape measure for me i^ll try that! my cat Eddy keeps playing with the tape instead of holding it properly!!
lol
Sammy loves tape measures too!

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep, I've heard that one. There are all kinds of "reference points" on the human body, & for animals, too. Like your body is 7 heads high (8 for super hero art) The tip of your nose is centered between the top of your head & your chin. Your eyes are spaced one eye-width apart. A tiger's eyes are 2 eye-widths apart. Your mouth is mid-way beteen your nose & chin, your eyes mid-way between that, & your forehead. It is all general, everyone is different, but it is fascinating how many of these measurements are there, if you know where to look.