Did we betray her?

sjane89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So we have neighborhood cat ' white cat' that likes to hang in our yard. My boyfriend has become kind of friends with it. Larue Bea ( our cat) has been struggling with territory issues since she moved her a little over a ur ago. She considers white cat her nemesis evnenthough I think white cat just wants to be friends. Anywho today larue caught her "dad" feeding white cat treats on our porch. ( white cat would come inside of we let it) larue Bea ran inside and proceeded to yell at white cat through the window. Did this traumatize her? I don't want her to think we are on white cats side over hers. Suggestions on how she can be more friendly with the neighborhood cats?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think your cat was traumatized, maybe a little jealous. You could try giving your cat treats from inside while she can see the outside cats. I wouldn't let them interact unless everyone is vaccinated and neutered though.

onirin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats are pretty territorial,  The biggest thing I hear a cat will fight over is food. 

If the other cats gets treats your cat might be thinking "hey thats mine!  I need to fight to protect my food!"  I agree that giving treats at the same time might help her calm down and realize it's not all going to the other cat.