Did I sighn up for this

miannorvy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So this morning I woke up to Mia skreaching over and over again in a tone I have never heard before. I thought the world had come to an end for a moment. Then when she had gotten me all the way awake she stopped. I thought "you gotta be kidding me. You are not waking me for treats in the night". She did this when she was younger, I broke her of it fast! When I didn't respond she started again. Then I thought of Norville sleeping beside me on his blankey. He wasn't there. He has always been there. He was on the other side of Mia on the night stand and she was VERY upset. He's 9 weeks old. We have had him 5 weeks. She is Miss Mommy to him. When I final y recognizied him and picked him up and put him on the floor to make sure he was ok she was fine, until she realized I wasn't turning the lights on. Then she let me know again that Momma needed this done. When all was taken care of, she was ok. I wasn't though. I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee and I've done dishes already this morning. lol. Mia however has been rubbing my legs over and over. She is so sweet! I wish everyone saw that. She's a one person cat.  :)

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can take a very long time to adjust to one another.  Five weeks is certainly not long enough.  Did you do proper introductions?  I have a pair that have been together now for 14 months and they are still adjusting to each other.  They have learned to coexist, share our home and share the humans, but they are not buddies at all. 

Give them all time and be sure your resident cat, Mia gets lots of extra attention.  Lots of play time with just you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miannorvy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I definitely didn't mean anything negative by it. I think Mia was trying to Warn me that she thought he was doing something she do not want himto. She became "Mama" to him within just a couple days of getting him. He even tried nursing from her when we first got him and she would just let him which is quite different since she was spayed at 7 weeks. lol