did i miss something??

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alexis, do you mean just the threads that are at the top of the forum? If so, that just indicated that they are stickied to the top of the forum, and the little image is of a thumb tack.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a virtual 'push pin' to show threads that are stickied in each forum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No its not the little thumb tack thing - I know what that means. I dont subscribe to any threads cos it gets a bit overwhelming! Its a little square box with a tick inside against some of the threads I have replied to (not all of them) and it is situated under the rating just like the thumb tack thingy. I am fairly sure that it is something to do with what I have done perhaps in the CP options but I dont know - its getting pretty irritating now!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, now I'm stumped, because I don't see that at all. I will try and figure it out for you, though.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this the image you are referring to?

I have that, but it appears to the left of the thread title. It indicates threads that have new posts since you were last on the boards. I don't see anything else under Rating, aside from the sticky push pin, the attachement paper clip, or the actual stars where a thread has been rated. I also do not see any setting in your User CP that would explain what you are talking about.

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup it looks like that. In my case though it appears under the Rating! I have the push pin, the paperclip, star rating and the little blue square with a tick in it! As no-one else seems to have it maybe it means I'm special

I dont think it can mean new posts since I was last on the boards cos it doesnt happen to all of them, although it would seem logical. When I look at 'new posts' it is not on most of them, I do get the envelope on the left hand side showing the status of the thread (new reply etc).
Oh well thanks for everyones help on this - maybe it will dissapear as mysteriously as it came!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I rest my cursor over that little blue tick, the "hint" that appears is "you are subscribed to this thread".

Could it be that your default subscription mode (found under options in your User CP) is set (as mine is) to "No email notification"? At this setting, you don't get flooded with notifications, but you do still get subscribed automatically to any thread you post to.

Or could the threads in question be ones you were subscribed to before you turned that off. Changing that setting just changes what happens from that point on -- it doesn't change the setting on previously subscribed threads (as I discovered, when I switched from receving email notification to not).

A couple of thoughts for you.

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran-
Hurrah - I think youve answered the problem. For some reason (cant rememeber why) the setting on subscribed threads was changed. I switched off the subscribed threads when I realised what had happened! If, by non subscribing, it does not change the status of threads prior to switch off that will be why some have the blue tick and some dont. Thank you very much, it all makes sense now. <hugs>

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The checkmark under Rating does indeed indicate threads that you are subscribed to. Took me awhile to figure that one out, as I don't subscribe to any threads.