Did anyone else have a lousy Valentine's?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or is it just me? I'm so disappointed.
My other half didn't bother at all. He knew I was coming out to see him 1500 miles flying, and I was bringing a gift.... what a let-down. No flowers, no chocolates.... not even a card. Sure he was sick, but he's got weeks to prepare maybe a little something. I don't know why I bothered. Not that I'm ungrateful for having him in my life.... it's just that he could have tried. If you read my other post, I named a star for him. Yes, it was pointless - a gift that no-one could ever really use, but it had meaning behind it. I called it "Skytsengel" (Guardian Angel) in the constellation Hercules. He is my angel and my hero. It was romantic and soppy. I got to mop up puke and clean and cook in return. I feel so heartbroken.
Was I alone in having a bad day?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww Emma i just saw your post in the other thread!

My boyfriend and i split a couple of weeks before valentines 2 years ago, but at the moment i'm not ready for anyone just yet, and besides i spent too much money on him so i won't go there again!

Your right though he had plenty of time in which to organise something for you.

This hasn't put you off moving over there has it?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah I'll still be moving. Not much could put me off that - I just wish he'd thought a little bit.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Emma, most men just dont' think. That doesnt' make them bad, just not as thoughtful as we women! There's been lots of times when I think something is special, only to find out that Jerry has either forgotten or didn't put much planning into something. But you know what, I wouldnt trade him for anyone in the world.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO I woudln't trade Rune for the world either - and I certainly don't think h'es bad at all. It just would have been nice to have him reciprocate :p Just once.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SO is away on business. I got an email that said Happy Valentines, I miss you. No card, no flowers, not even over the internet. There are internet sites that will send virtual roses. He used to send them all the time when we started dating. In the middle of the day I'd get a bouquet cause he was thinking of me. I didn't even get a phone call yesterday.

So no, Valentine's Day wasn't a thrill this year.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dear Emma, please don´t feel sad!
, if you feel sad I can´t heard you lovely laught again!
, okay? C´mon bring me a smile please!
.... I´ll send you a big hug from mexico!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

hehe you mean this one? Muahahahahahahahaha! That's my evil laugh!
Never ever do that to me in the dark or I'll pee my pants!!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my day yesterday wasn't as bad as yours. The only puke I had to clean up was the usual cat barf near the food bowl from one of the cats over-indulging and then stepping off to the side to purge.

Supposedly this coming weekend I'm getting my Valentine's gift, but I could not care less... men (MOST men) just don't think ahead for V-Day. It's a girl thing. I always think ahead and always wind up spending more money and think way too much, when I should just get the dude NOTHING and just say, oops I forgot all about V-Day!

Sorry your Valentine's day was so bad, but yeah I agree your man had enuf time to plan ahead, sick or not. Everyone owns a calendar and well, you just cannot miss those stupid Hallmark commercials or the DJ's on the radio harping on about Valentine's Day this Valentine's Day that. Hard to ignore it eh...

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh well... I suppose I'll either get used to it, or I'll have to "forget" a couple of birthdays here and there.
You guys are the best for cheering me up - 'specially you Rigel. If only all men were that sweet and considerate! Kittylover4eva.... If I ever get close enough to creep up on you in the dark, you KNOW that I'm just going to HAVE to test your statement.
I'm really bad for creeping up on people - apparently I've just got quiet feet. Although my lil' bro got the better of me one night... we were having the bathroom re-done so it was in complete uproar. I always get up to go to the bathrrom in the middle of the night - so while I was in the bathroom, he took an old hot tap cover and a cold tap cover... put one over each eye and then a stocking over his head too. Put it this way, after I was done falling over and screaming, the bathroom was in an even bigger mess, my head hurt and the whole house was awake. But apparently it was worth it just for the pictures. What can I say... muahahahah!? Definitely wasn't funny at the time... but now?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

What can I say... muahahahah!? Definitely wasn't funny at the time... but now?

Oh my!, so true what you say up Emma,
C´mon rise again, turn off the page,
You see the things are better now, and that´s are the friends isn´t?

And Thank you you give a extra portion of your laghts today!