Diarrhea

cassidymills

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my cat has had diarrhea for about a day and a half now. He’s acting completely normal, he is wanting and eating food, and is playful as usual. The amount of poop with each pass seems to be decreasing, but it is still diarrhea. He is peeing normally as well. No vomiting, no fatigue. He did let out a few meows before he pooped this last time, but he is a vocal cat to begin with and has meowed before using the box previously and normally. The first sign of this diarrhea, I saw a very small speck of red. After this initial poop, there has been zero signs of red. The diarrhea is pudding like and a lighter brown. He is an indoor cat. No change in diet. Any ideas what the cause might be? And any suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks so much.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Have you talked to a vet? His crying while pooping is concerning even if it's typical of him. Has he eaten something he shouldn't have?

lindsey.design

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm also dealing with this today...My boy had a pretty large BM this morning of 4 logs but they were soft logs with what looked like a coating of runny poop. About an hour later, he has just loose soup like poop with blood. We took a trip to the vet and he gave him an injection and said to keep an eye on him.

Little bugger proceeded to finish his breakfast after the event. Mixed signals buddy!

lindsey.design

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has been on the same rotation of food. I did take away the Freeze Dried Stella and Chewys for about a week since the crew was tired of it. It was a big hit when I brought it back but that is the "newest" food I've given them. They consistently have been eating Weruva, Tiki Cat, and Stellas FD or their wet foods.

He has not had any appetite today. I called my vet back and he wrote it off again even when I expressed concern he was not eating or drinking. We have an appointment at another vet tomorrow morning. I just want me baby to eat and feel better :( My anxiety has been through the roof.